2. they're not yours

Sean and Kaycee thought their relationship would last forever. They never could've imagined being without one another. Unfortunately time wasn't on their side, and after 2 years of love it died.

6 months later Kaycee found herself developing feelings for Gabe. Eventually the two became one, and Kaycee moved on from the heartbreak that was Sean Lew. She was happy again, her and Gabe's relationship was new and different. She felt as if she could breathe for the first time since her and Sean broke up. She was happy, little did she know what the future held.

6 months after their breakup Sean hadn't moved on. Time didn't heal his heart in the way it healed Kaycee's. He wasn't happy, he missed her, but she was with Gabe and he respected their relationship. He felt as if his world had come crumbling down on him. He wasn't happy, little did he know what the future held.

Kaycee and Gabe had been together for 10 months when she found out she was pregnant. She was happy about the news, he was not. Their relationship had been in cold water over the past 3 months, he had cheated on her twice. She forgave him because she truly thought she was in love with him. Kaycee wasn't prepared to lose another lover, so she forgave him both times. She thought this pregnancy would bring them closer together, and it did to begin with.

The thing is whilst Gabe had cheated twice, Kaycee became tired of not being enough for him. She had gone to Sean's apartment after she found out Gabe had cheated on her the second time. Sean opened his apartment door to find a broken looking Kaycee. No words were exchanged he knew she needed to be loved, he knew she needed to feel loved. That night he showed her what love felt like. The next morning Kaycee was horrified with herself, she was no better than Gabe now. Sean and Kaycee never spoke of that night again.

Sure Sean found it suspicious that two months after they had sex she fell pregnant, but he knew and trusted Kaycee. If he was the father she would've told him.

Another nine months passed and Kaycee gave birth, both her and Gabe overjoyed at the little girl that was theirs. They named her Ava Catherine De Guzman.

Ava's first birthday came and went, and so did her second birthday. It was the day before Ava's third birthday that hell broke loose. After Ava was born Gabe was their for Kaycee and his daughter. But after a year he started caring less and less about them both. He cheated again, and Kaycee forgave him again. This time though Kaycee stood her ground and told him that this was it, that if he cheated again she would leave him. Gabe didn't take Kaycee's words well, he hit her for speaking out against him. That night was filled with shouting and abuse, and Kaycee realised just how difficult her relationship with Gabe was.

It was the day before Ava's third birthday. Kaycee was at the studio with the Wiggle Crew, who were getting back together to go to Boston again after years of not performing together. The rehearsal was running smoothly until Gabe interrupted it, and that's when things turned violent.

"When were you going to tell me?" Gabe shouted as he entered the studio.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at him as he advanced towards Kaycee.
"Answer me! When we're you going to tell me?"
Kaycee looked at Gabe with confusion and fear in her eyes.
"Don't play stupid with me Kaycee. You didn't think I'd find out, did you?" Gabe shouted.
"Find out about what?" Kaycee timidly replied.
"That you slept with him. That you cheated. You fucked him behind my back like the slut that you are"

The room fell silent. Nobody dared to interfere, they all watched in silence with shock written all across their faces. At this point Sean had moved over to Kaycee in attempt to comfort her which didn't go unnoticed by Gabe.

"I think you need to calm down. Go outside, calm down and then you can privately talk things through. You have not right to come in her and yell at her the way you are. You have no right to call her a slut..." Sean was cut off by Gabe.
"You. You can just shut up. You thought you could sleep with my girlfriend and I wouldn't find out."
"Gabe, please not here." Kaycee begged Gabe who just scoffed at her.
"Were you ever going to tell me that she's not mine. Were you just going to make me believe that she was my child, that I'm her father. When this whole time she's been his."
"You are, you know you're her father Gabe. Just stop this, just stop. You know she's yours, your just making a scene because your upset. I'm sorry, ok, I'm sorry that I cheated, but I was just was fed up with you doing the same. I wanted to feel loved, I wanted someone to want me. I'm sorry." Kaycee began to plead as tears fell down her cheeks.

This was it, the day where everything came crashing down on her. She wanted nothing more in this moment then to reverse the past couple of years she'd spent with Gabe, but then she wouldn't have Ava. She loved Ava with her whole heart, and she couldn't imagine her life without her.

"I don't believe you. You slept with him and then two months later you're pregnant. How the hell do you explain that?'
Kaycee closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.
"You know she's yours. Don't you think if Ava was Sean's she'd look like him. She doesn't, there's not one feature about her that resembles him. She looks exactly like you."
It was true, Ava looked like the perfect mix of Kaycee and Gabe, she looked nothing like Sean.

Gabe knew what he was doing. He knew that Sean was still in love with Kaycee, that he was clinging on for hope that they'd end up together again. When Gabe found out that Kaycee had slept with Sean he wasn't mad that they'd had sex. He couldn't care less, he didn't love Kaycee. What angered him was that she had given him a taste of his own medicine. He hated how close Sean and Kaycee were, even after their breakup. Gabe took pride in knowing he was hurting Sean by having Kaycee. Gabe took even more pride in knowing that he had the one thing Sean always wanted with Kaycee; a family. Of course Gabe knew that Ava was his child. He just wanted to prove a point; that he had Kaycee, that he had a child with her and Sean didn't. So this is exactly what Gabe was doing now, proving a point to hurt Sean. He wants Sean to hear Kaycee, the love of his life, say out lout that Ava was Gabe's child.

"Do you honestly think that if Ava was Sean's that I'd still be with you. Why would I be miserable with you when I could be happy with him. She's yours and you know it. What you're doing right now is cruel. So just stop it and leave." Kaycee knew exactly what Gabe was doing, and she wasn't about to let him continue to torment and hurt Sean.
Kaycee's comment angered Gabe, hearing her say that she could be happy with Sean infuriated him. He advanced towards her and pushed her up against a wall, trapping her. His hand forcefully came into contact with her cheek, as she dropped to the floor. The room fell silent as everyone was in shock at what they had just witnessed.

Before Sean could even rush over to comfort Kaycee in his protective arms, Gabe walked over to him on his way out of the studio.
"Stay out of her life. I know you still love her, but Kaycee is mine and Ava is mine. They're not yours."

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Would you like a part two of this one shot?
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Eyeswidexopen 💜