ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ

Start from the beginning

"Maybe Makoto accidentally lock himself?" Byakuya knew it was stupid belief, but he can't erase the possibility that Makoto was just being stupid.

"I did thought of that possibility, until I peaked in through the little window on the door. The room was pitch black."

"How can you be sure there was someone with him. it was too dark, as you said before."

"I knocked on his door, called his name, and asked him if he's alright. There was no answer. I knocked harder, and I yelled to ask if he was okay. There was still no answer."

Byakuya was silent.

"I slammed my fists to the door, tried to smashed the little window, kicked the damn door down, trying to break the handle. But it was no use, the door was locked shut and the window was bulletproof. After my 3rd try, I called for security and you- Wait where were you? Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I was in a meeting, I had to turn off my phone." Byakuya shamefully responded.

"Even though it was an emergency? Even though your fiancee's life could be on the line?"

"I didn't know Kirigiri-san, and believe me I'll never do it again. I will never forgive myself if Makoto gets hurt."

"But you decided to ignore my calls anyway."

Byakuya knew this was his fault. He ignored her calls and it was an emergency. She was right, he was the real ignorant fool now. Guilt started to eat him. How can he be so stupid? After all they've been through, he should've known that these type of situations are something he can't simply disregard. Especially if this is concerning his soulmate's life. A single man tear™ escaped from his eyes and went down his face.

Hearing no response from Byakuya, Kyoko decided she kind of went too far. She sighed and said in a monotone voice.

"The important thing is, Naegi-kun is safe and right now he's heading home, so you better hurry up. I offered to come with him, but he refused and said he can take care of himself. And if you are asking, I did see someone in there. When he finally comes out, right before security breaks down the door, I saw someone climbing up the vents. It was just a siluet, but judging from the figure, it was a man."

"Oh."

"Relax Togami-kun, he didn't cheat on you or anything, I've been his best friend since we escaped the killing game. He is too in love with you to cheat on someone else."

"Okay." That was all Byakuya could let out.

"The point is, you should really hurry up, so you can catch up on him and see for yourself if he's really okay or not. You know him better than I do."

"Of course, thank you for the information Kirigiri-san."

"You're welcome Togami-kun. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Finishing his call, Byakuya started to pack up and was ready to head home, hoping that his Makoto is really okay.

☠️

Kyoko accompanied Makoto to the basement, where the parking lot is. As they were walking, Kyoko noticed that Makoto was quieter than usual. Usually, he would talk about work, the new students that they have scouted, his personal life, Byakuya, etc. He would also ask about how she was doing, was she feeling okay, does she need him to go with her so she won't be lonely, even though the answer is always the same. Kyoko honestly enjoy his small talks, because all of his small talks showed how Makoto was still the same cheerful boy back before the Tragedy.