ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ

"...And this kids, is how I met your mother..."

☠️

Walking out of the meeting room, Byakuya Togami was finally done with his work. Restoring a multi-billion worldwide company from scratch was no easy task. It took a lot of time, and a huge amount of money, just to established the bases of the corporation.

As he was walking back to his office, he decided to check his phone for messages. The last time he turned on his phone was two hours ago, before the meeting started. When the title screen comes up, he was met with ten missed emergency calls and text messages over 50. All of them were from Kirigiri-san.

Byakuya was extremely worried and confused at the same time. He quickly unlocked his phone, and went to check all of her messages first. All of them seemed to talk about an attack that happened to Makoto. He apparently was locked inside his office, and by the looks of the texts, he seemed to be held hostage.

Byakuya could feel his anxiety rising and he started to panic. But before he could call Kyoko, Makoto called him first. Byakuya answered it at once.

"Makoto are you okay, what happene-?" he started to ask in a panicked voice.

"Woah Byakuya! Relax! I accidentally locked myself inside the office. Look, I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm still here. Kirigiri-san was just panicking. I'm really fine," Makoto cut him off.

From the distance, Byakuya could hear Kyoko's muffled voice, trying to defend herself. "Look, it was nothing okay." Makoto reassured him. But, Byakuya Togami is not a daft man. He knew he was lying.

Then Byakuya got a message from Kirigiri, saying, "He's lying. There was someone with him."

Byakuya finally spoke up. "Who was with you Makoto?"

"No one Byakuya. I was alone. Why don't you believe me?" Makoto was getting defensive, and Byakuya was getting more skeptical by the minute.

"No, it's just... it's just... a really foolish act, even for someone like you." He carefully replied.

"Jeez, thanks Byakuya." Byakuya could almost see the small smile that was forming on his fiancee's lips.

"On another note, you are feeling well, correct?"

"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Considering how you are always attracting danger to yourself, there was a possibility that you might get hurt, and... I was... worried about you."

"What? The Great Byakuya Togami is worried about me, a lowly plebeian? How shocking!"

"Shut up you blundering peasant." Now it was Byakuya's turn to smile.

"Anyway, I'm really okay. Kirigiri-chan is with me right now, and you know how she is. By the way, I'm gonna head home now, see you there. Love you Byakuya."

"Love you too Makoto."

The call ended. Byakuya immediately called Kyoko as he entered his office. It was 7 PM, he should've been packing his bag and heading home, but he intended to find out the truth before he could reunite with his lover once again.

"What exactly happened Kirigiri-san?"

"Well, you know that Naegi-kun usually would've been packing up his things as soon as our shifts are over, and knowing Naegi-kun, he would pack up really noisily-"

"Not surprised."

"But this time, it was different. It was silent. I decided to go to his office to see what's wrong, but when I tried to open his door, it was locked, from the inside. Only Makoto has the key."