Chapter nine....

Chapter nine:

“Dean,” called a voice out in the darkness, it was one that did not sound like a male or female voice- it was almost soothing but had a hint of creepiness to it that had me waking up suddenly.

As I looked around the area it was pitch black and then everything flashed a dark red tone. I had to shield my eyes from the rich color then I heard the same voice before as it was chuckling at me.

Look at this weak human,” it added still with a laugh in its throat.

“Who are you calling weak?” I asked in a rough voice and opened my eyes to see something that I haven’t seen in years standing in front.

You, you idiot. It’s been a long time hasn’t it Dean,” it replied staring straight at me with unblinking freaky blue eyes.

Then it hit me as to where I had seen this creature before, it was back when I first met Eve.

Yeah I’m still picking some of your flesh out of my nails,” it added as it raised its hand glancing at the undersides of his long talon like fingernails.

I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. It was the first time anyone of us has ever seen this hideous demon. Remembering the pain I felt as it was shredding my back just for the fun of it. And then I felt a new feeling towards this creature in front of me- hatred and the surge of power to kill it where it stood.

I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Do what exactly?”

Aw Dean I see that we have forgotten that demons can hear your thoughts while you dream.”

So I’m dreaming? Why didn’t my tattoo protect me? I asked myself as I glanced down seeing the tattoo of the pentagram surrounded by a spiral sun was slightly glowing against my bare chest.

That’s because it doesn’t work on me. Trust me Dean I’m much older than some silly Wicca pentagram to protect you from me,” the creature begin to pace slowly in front of me like he was growing tired of my questions, leaving a small trail of blood that was dripping of his body.

“What do you want from me?” I asked as I took my eyes off the floor and faced him once again.

It’s not really you per-say but it is something in your life that I want, something that matters to you, something that you would die for, something you can’t live without,” it stopped pacing then and just stood there staring at me as a slow wicked smile began to form across its lips.

Eve,” I breathed realizing what it was talking about. “You can’t have her you son of a bitch!”

Why not? Her blood just sings to me and I want a taste,” it slowly licked its lips just making me that much angrier.

“Because I will never let you get close to her as long as I am breathing.”

Well I wouldn’t count on it for very long Dean.”

Suddenly the bloody creature was gone, vanished completely out of sight, leaving me in darkness.

“Hey! What are you talking about! You better tell me you bitch!” I shouted after it.

“Enjoy every second with her because soon she will be mine,” I heard its’ voice echoing through the emptiness.

My eyes flew open and I took in a deep breath as I quickly reached for the loaded silver pistol underneath my pillow. I scanned the area trying to remember where I was. I saw the same cheap hotel room as before, relief spread through me as I gently rubbed the right side of my face feeling a slight dampness come away. I glanced down seeing that my tattoo was barely glowing as if the demon was still in my presences. My left arm was wrapped around her and she was sleeping peacefully against me.