Chapter four....

Chapter four:  

*Dean’s POV*

I sat completely still in the chair beside the bed where she was laying on. After Sammy and I found a hotel, finally losing the pack of demons that were still chasing after us trying to get her, I carried her inside where we went straight to work fixing her mangled body. I watched now as her breathing was smooth and steady almost like she was in a coma.

“Dean she’s going to be fine,” reinsured my younger brother, which I didn’t even hear him return- not the sound of the lock unclicking or his footsteps as he entered the room. I was too fixated on her to be bothered with outside noises besides her breathing- making sure that the worse had not come.

“I sure hope so,” I replied back as I looked away from her figure.

“How are things, any changes?” he asked stopping on the other side of the bed glancing down at her.

There was something that flashed in my brother’s eyes, I couldn’t place it. It was almost like desire or hopefulness, but still my mind couldn’t detect it. I have only seen this look in his expression once before and that was a woman that we tried to save a few years back- Madison Owens- and her own curse was her death. She was a werewolf and she didn’t realize it, she asked Sam to kill her so she would not harm anyone else. He looked like how he is now right before she told him that she had to die.

“None,” I answered finally as Sam looked back up at me. “I’m getting worried Sammy.

“Well Dean she’s lost a lot of blood and she’s probably in shock from the accident. How many hours has it been since we patched her up?”

“Eighteen,” I said solemnly. “Do you think Bobby can help her?”

“Dean I’ve already called him twice and he’s told us everything that he knows, just give her some time to heal.” 

In the tone that he used it almost sounded like he was ticked about something. Maybe it was because I was being so worried about her and he was barely showing any signs of concern, which was strange for Sam because he is always considering the person that were saving- worried about their safety and health. It was like he was putting up a front that he didn’t care, trying to throw me off of how he actually feels. Could he have some feelings towards the girl we barely know?

I shook my head ignoring these new thoughts, that couldn’t be true because Sammy wasn’t like that- he didn’t fall for someone that he barely knows. What was wrong with me? I don’t understand why I’m over thinking all of this.

“Yeah I guess you’re right Sam,” I said changing my mind of the previous thoughts. “Hey do you think you can get me some food and try to find her some new clothes?”

“Yeah sure thing,” he turned reaching for the doorknob.

“Hey Sam! Don’t forget to get me some pie,” I called.

“Of course not,” he muttered under his breath as he closed the door after him.

I glanced back down at the girl, I felt a pain spread across me when I saw the condition she was in. Dark bruises were starting to form across her pale skin and cuts from where pieces of glass were stabbed in different areas. I reached forward and placed my hand lightly on her forearm.

“Just hang in there,” I whispered.

An hour later I heard Sam come back placing my pie on the dresser and he went to sleep in the other chair across the room by the window. I listened to two different sets of breathing: one steady and calm and the other uneven and unnerving.