Chapter three....

Chapter three:   

I woke to a loud noise coming from outside that caused me to jerk violently, which almost nearly had me tumbling off the couch. I sat up and started pushing my hair out of my eyes feeling that my face was burning up like it was going to catch on fire. I must have fallen asleep after I changed clothes and I was still feeling tired from that vision, which is one thing that I really don’t miss. I stopped rubbing my face trying to get me to wake fully up when I remembered that sound that caused to wake up in the first place- how have I missed it.

I hopped from the sofa and continued towards the window. I threw back the curtains and I saw the beautiful black old muscle car. I felt my heart leap in my chest knowing who was inside that vehicle. I moved to the front door to run to the Impala and just as I was about to open the door I heard a noise coming from the dining room. I stopped myself even though I would have loved to do what my heart was screaming at me, but I knew that I had to do this first.

I turned myself around and started walking slowly towards the dining room. I hesitated with my right hand on the swinging door, can I do this again? Face him a second time or should I just run away?

No. I told myself as I slightly shook my head to reassure my thoughts. There’s no way around this it has to be done.

I took a deep and silent breath and pushed the door open. I was welcomed to darkness and an eerie unnerving silence. I moved slowly across the hardwood flooring glancing around in the shadows for anything out of the ordinary. I stopped right beside the table and that’s when I heard the floor creak behind me. I whirled around and saw a pair of bright yellow eyes.

“Why do you look so frighten dear?” he asked, his voice came out like a hissing snake- something evil that came from the very surfaces of Hell.

“That’s where you’re wrong, I’m not afraid of you, Azazel.”

“So do you actually remember me when you were a child? Or perhaps a different creature that I had sent after you, something that was covered in blood and had long fangs and horns and probably had a dog like creature with it?”

That last statement had images flashing through my mind- ones that I thought were nightmares. A glimpse of a small animal like creature slowly making his way to me baring his long teeth dripping with drool. A boy coming to my recuse and then in return watching him be clawed almost to death because of his action. The last flicker of image was of another creature similar to the animal one appearing pointing his bloody finger in my direction as I coward behind the boy who had saved me. 

I shook my head, knocking what I thought was old nightmares out of mind and went back to staring at the demon again, showing him in my expression that I was not afraid of him.

“No from somewhere else,” I spoke my voice coming out strong.

“And what could that be?” he paused as he thought about it for a second or two then a smirk began to form across his lips. “Or is it something else?” Now his smile was spread fully and his yellow eyes glowing with maliciousness. “Finally started having those visions I see and how do you feel about those, they’re a bitch right?” he asked in an almost laugh under his breath.

“I want to know why me? Why did you choose me to be your guinea pig?”

“So you know what you are then? That must have been a powerful vision then my dear.”

“I know enough,” I snapped. “Are you going to answer me or not?”

“I see that you don’t like to play around first just want the answers and be done with it, but what’s the fun in that?” he grinned as I let out a deep breath loudly showing him that I was starting to lose my patience with him. “Alright come down but it has to do with your father. Why don’t you go ask him for the truth?”