10|THE DINNER PARTY

Start from the beginning

Ric gives the vampire a disapproving look. "You too, Grayson? Seriously?"

The Hunt girl shrugs, carefree. "Just because he's our 'enemy' doesn't mean I can't appreciate that he has a pretty face."

The Saltzman mutters something under his breath, earning a flat look from Grayson and a smirk from Damon. "You sounded jealous," the Salvatore points out. He looks at Andie and asks, "Sound a bit jealous?"

"Kinda do," the news anchor agrees, not that anyone's surprised.

Ric, thinking on the same track as Grayson, side eyes Andie with caution. "Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here,"

Damon grins, "Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets." He glances at the said woman. "Haven't you?"

"Uh-huh," she nods. Damon leans in for a quick kiss and she beams. "Mmm. My lips are sealed,"

"Jesus Christ," Grayson groans.

"This is too weird," Ric voices.

"I just need the right opportunity," Damon tells them, going back to their earlier conversation. A smug smile graces the vampire's face when Jenna and Elijah saunter into The Grill. "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend." He waits until they approach their table to greet them. "Hi,"

"Hey, guys." Jenna waves.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon starts.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this," Ric stands up and gets his wallet out, trying to pay and leave as fast as he can. "I've got papers to grade."

"Yeah," Grayson stands from her chair and gives the teacher a pleading look. "I too, need to grade papers."

Damon blinks a few times, shaking his head at the vampire's excuse.

"No, you know what?" Andie's voice stops all movement at the table. "We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party,"

"I'm wearing sweats," Grayson blurts out before anyone can object or confirm the idea.

"She'll wear something nice, don't worry." Damon gives Grayson a cautious look, silently begging the girl not to lash out. When Grayson expresses no murderous urges, Damon looks back at the group. "I'll be happy to host," He chirps. "Say tonight. Maybe?"

"It's good for me," Andie informs him. "Jenna?" She asks.

Ric shifts uncomfortably. "I don't know if tonight works..."

"Yeah, I'm free." Jenna responds.

Elijah takes a glance at Grayson, grinning when he sees her offput look. "It'd be a pleasure,"

"Great," Damon smiles. He stands from the table, shuffling closer to Grayson's side. "Grayson and I will see you all later." He presses a hand to her back and urges her to the door, knowing a stern bitching is coming his way.

"I hate you, I hate you," Grayson snaps as soon as they're out the door. "Not only do you get to cook and clean now, but you also get to go pick out my outfit for this evening."

"I don't—"

"I don't care," the Hunt hisses. "Just—just make sure it's comfortable."

Damon mumbles a string of insults under his breath but quickly smiles when Grayson shoots him a harsh look. "What was it you were saying about not wanting siblings this morning?"

Grayson stops in her tracks, putting her hands on her hips. "Is that what you're doing? Playing big brother and making my life miserable?"

Damon lets out a nervous laugh before patting the older vampire on the back, "I've got to go dress shopping. See you tonight,"