The Six Month Mark

The Six Month Mark

18 December 2019

The Prince Couple are expecting a child

Princess Mako is expecting her first child.

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Eugen and Princess Mako are happy to announce that The Princess is expecting a baby.

The birth is expected to take place in summer of 2020.

"We are blessed and very excited to have our own baby and welcome a new member to our family," say Prince Eugen and Princess Mako.

-

Princess Mako is pregnant, the Imperial Household Agency said Wednesday.

Agency chief Shingo Haketa said both Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako were delighted by the news of Mako's pregnancy.

The princess had an ultrasound Tuesday morning and felt the fetus move, Kyodo News agency reported, adding that Kiko was expected to give birth in the Summer of 2020. Kyodo cited imperial agency sources it did not identify.

-

Eugen and Mako announced they were expecting a child in the Summer of 2020.

The news of a royal baby had shocked not only the world but more importantly, the friends and families of Eugen and Mako.

Everyone called them with congratulations and well wishes.

Some offered advices on pregnancy and entering the new chapter of their marriage. Some even planned to start sending gifts for the unborn baby.

Kako even volunteered to move to Sweden to help Mako with the baby.

"Everyone is excited for the new family member." Eugen said.

"I know but I know a few people are expecting me to have a boy even though they may not have said it but due to the Japanese line of succession to the throne not having enough boys I know they will be happy if I had a boy." Mako said.

"Mako, do not feel pressured. The most important thing is that you give birth to a healthy baby. It is not your job to secure the lineage of boys to throne. Your family should just include the women then all of this could have been avoided." Eugen said.

"I know but it's not easy to do so." Mako said.

"Mako, just focus on our baby that is growing inside of you and do not worry yourself." Eugen said.

-

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako of Sweden expecting first child

Right royal congratulations to Prince Eugen of Sweden and his wife Princess Mako, who have announced they are expecting their first child. The newlyweds confirmed the news on the Swedish royal family's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. "We are blessed and very excited to have our own baby and welcome a new member to our family," read the statement.

The new princess is expected to give birth in summer of next year, and the pregnancy is apparently going without a hitch as "no changes to The Prince Couple's public engagements are planned" in upcoming months.

A beautiful new portrait of Eugen and Mako, was posted online along with the announcement.

-

19 December 2019

Princess Mako set for solo visit to Luxembourg on behalf of government

Princess Mako of Sweden is to make another solo official foreign visit on behalf of the Government.

The visit marks a significant development in Mako's royal career.

The royal visit will be a three day trip from 20 - 22 January 2020.