Epilogue

Epilogue

June 12, 2020

Announcement from HE The Marshal of the Realm

The Office of The Marshal of the Realm is delighted to announce that HRH Princess Mako gave birth to a healthy child on Tuesday 8 June 2020 at 00:41 at Danderyd Hospital.

Both mother and child are in good health.

Svante Lindqvist
Marshal of the Realm

+

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako return home

On Tuesday 8 June, Prince Eugen and Princess Mako's daughter was born at Danderyd Hospital.

The family have now left the hospital, and are at home at Drottningholm Palace. Both mother and child are in good health, and the family are looking forward to spending time together.

+

December 29, 2021

Princess Kako of Akishino, niece of Emperor, set to marry Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg

Princess Kako, 28, the second daughter of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, is set to be engaged to Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg and is expected to marry next year, media reports said.

It will be the second engagement among the four grandchildren of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.

Princess Kako met Prince Sébastien about three years ago during the wedding of her sister Princess Mako and Prince Eugen, according to an agency source.

+

February 27, 2022

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako are expecting a child

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako are delighted to announce that The Princess is expecting their second child.

The birth is expected to take place in September 2022.

"We are happy to announce that we are expecting a child, a sibling to Princess . We are looking forward to welcoming a new little member to our family," say Prince Eugen and Princess Mako.

No changes in the schedule of The Prince Couple's public engagements are planned during the spring and summer of 2022.

+

March 18-19, 2022

The wedding of Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg and Princess Kako of Akishino took place on 18 and 19 March 2022.

A civil ceremony was held on 19 March followed by a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony at Notre-Dame Cathedral in Luxembourg City the next day.

The 2022 wedding marked the largest event for the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and the country in years.

More than 120 international media organisations requested accreditation for the event, including TV channels and newspapers from Japan, China, Morocco, Russia, the UK and the US.

The bride, Princess Kako of Akishino, became Princess Kako of Luxembourg.

+

September 3, 2022

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako of Sweden announce baby son's name!

The Swedish royal family attended a Te Deum thanksgiving service

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako of Sweden have revealed the name of their baby boy. An announcement from the Swedish Royal Court has confirmed that the prince is called John Fumihito Sigvard Tatsuhiko and will be styled as the Duke of Småland. In keeping with royal tradition, Carl Philip's father King Carl XVI Gustaf announced his new grandson's name and title at a cabinet meeting on Monday morning. A Te Deum thanksgiving service at the royal chapel, attended by members of the royal family, followed.

Eugen and Mako, welcomed their second child on Wednesday. A statement from the palace confirmed: "The Office of The Marshal of the Realm is delighted to announce that on Wednesday 28 August at 11.24am HRH Princess Mako gave birth to a healthy baby at Danderyd Hospital. Both mother and child are doing well." Eugen also spoke to local press after the birth, saying: "It feels great, pure joy! He seems to be a very charming little boy and Mako is a wonderful mum. It's overwhelming."

+

June 18, 2025

Prince Eugen, Duke of Jämtland (Eugen Thomas Walther Valdemar; born 7 June 1982) is the younger son and the third of four children of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.

Princess Mako, Duchess of Jämtland (眞子内親王 Mako Naishinnō, born 23 October 1991) is the first child and elder daughter of Prince Fumihito and Princess Kiko, and a member of the Japanese imperial and Swedish royal family.

Princess Keina of Sweden, Duchess of Dalsland (Keina Eugenia Astrid Kiko; born 8 June 2020) is the elder child and only daughter of Prince Eugen and Princess Mako, Duke of Jämtland.

Prince John of Sweden, Duke of Småland (John Fumihito Sigvard Tatsuhiko; born 28 August 2022) is the younger child and oldest son of Prince Eugen and Princess Mako, Duke of Jämtland.

Prince Tobio of Sweden, Duke of Bohuslän (Tobio Carl Akihito Eric; born 5 March 2025) is the youngest child and second son of Prince Eugen and Princess Mako, Duke of Jämtland.