Social Media Launch

Social Media Launch

877,000 likes

princessmako In honour of my 28th birthday. I have joined Instagram. I hope to use this platform to share the causes, passions and people close to my heart. Thank you all for the well wishes and greetings on my birthday 🎂.

View all 120,000 comments

princesseugenie welcome to Instagram 💚

princessmako thank you princesseugenie 💜

-

Princess Mako Just Joined Instagram With a birthday photo

It takes you behind the scenes of her 28th birthday.

Princess Mako of Sweden, just launched her own official account.

Not only that, but the young royal's first two posts are quite personal. She debuted her account today with a photo of her as a child with her mother.

"In honour of my 28th birthday. I have joined Instagram. I hope to use this platform to share the causes, passions and people close to my heart. Thank you all for the well wishes and greetings on my birthday 🎂." reads the caption for the post.

Her second post is a photo of her and her husband, Prince Eugen, which previously hadn't been shared publicly, shows Mako laughing with her husband in a garden.

"A behind the scene of our engagement announcement." she captioned the sweet pic.

While most of the Swedish royals don't have their own social media accounts—rather they dispatch news through accounts tied to the royal residences.

But other royal families aren't quite so stringent. Princess Madeleine of Sweden, for example, has her own Facebook page with over 900,000 followers, so it's not unheard of in other countries.

Princess Mako's Instagram account amassed close to one million followers.

-

778,911 likes

778,911 likes

princessmako Today, I visited my first patronage, Friendship Village, a medical clinic and an elderly care home run. The facilities, founded by Asociacion Emmanuel.

View all 3,000 comments

-

"What do you think?" The realtor asked.

"This is the one." I told Eugen, clapping my hands after the realtor finished giving us the tour of the house.

"Are you sure?" Eugen asked.

"Yes. I love it. I mean if you don't like it then we can keep looking." I answered.

"Nope, If you love it then I love it." Eugen said.

It's been four months since our wedding and Eugen and I have been living with his parents in Drottningholm Palace, and we decided it was time to have our own place.

Originally, Ruben's parents wanted to give us one of the palaces but we didn't want to deal with renovations so we settled for being a new home and living with his parents until we found the perfect place for us.

And the perfect place for us is Villa Skogshyddan which is a property in mint condition, with wonderful, park-like grounds and an area of 5,465 m2, including lawns, gravel trails, planted areas, and all of this crowned by a large, lovely pool with a fountain in its centre.

The house has a total of 461 m2, and includes the more public areas on the main floor, such as a large, bright, custom-built kitchen with an adjacent dining room, which enjoys abundant natural light through the many large windows and glass doors. There is also access to the spacious terrace and garden.

A library and a living room with a fireplace provide plenty of room to socialize and entertain, whilst including cosy little corners where members of your family can enjoy some time on their own.

Adjacent to the living room, there is a professional and very tastefully furnished screening room with acoustic walls, blackout curtains and advanced lighting and audio-visual systems and also has a laundry room with the same fine limestone floor as in the entrance hall, custom-built cabinets and a limestone counter, as well as a guest lavatory.

The middle level is of a more private nature and includes three fine bedrooms, one of which is a large master bedroom with an en suite dressing room and bathroom. Tiled stoves in each of the bedrooms, contribute to creating a wonderful feeling of calm and tranquillity, and highlight the charm of this house. There is also a balcony on this level that offers a wonderful view of the garden, pool and the beautiful surroundings.

The upper floor has a bright, cosy family room, as well as two bedrooms and a lavatory. The side lofts offer plenty of storage space.

"This will be a perfect family home for you two." The realtor said.

-

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako moves into Villa Skogshyddan

Sweden's Prince Eugen and his wife Princess Mako have officially moved into their new home, Villa Skogshyddan, on Monday

"They've been looking forward to this for a long time," Royal Court deputy spokesperson Annika Sönnerberg told the Aftonbladet newspaper.

Villa Skogshyddan is a property in mint condition, with wonderful, park-like grounds and an area of 5,465 m2, including lawns, gravel trails, planted areas, and all of this crowned by a large, lovely pool with a fountain in its centre.

The property occupies a peaceful and private location in Särö, which is considered one of the most exclusive areas in the Gothenburg region.

Wherever you are in Särö, you'll be close to the sea and wonderful bathing, regardless of whether you prefer warm sandy beaches, or beautiful rocky ledges. If golf or tennis is your game, there is a golf course and plenty of tennis courts within walking distance, some with restaurants.

The house, itself, is an incredibly beautiful gem of National Romanticism. Everything has been totally renovated to mint condition, but nevertheless retains the same delightful style, with all the original charm intact.

Since their wedding, Eugen and Mako embarked on a six-week honeymoon to the US, followed by domestic duties since August.

Attempts by The Local to reach the royal court on Monday were unsuccessful.