Burning Bridges

Atlas wasn't a place you went for fun and games. The city was fine, the top grade of technology was available in almost every store, even the homeless lived better here than those in Vacuo did.

No it's not the city that was no fun, it was the Huntsman's School. Atlas Academy. Even the name had an air of being better than everyone else. You weren't students or warriors at that place, you were soldiers. Soldiers at the beck and call of General James Ironwood, the headmaster of Atlas.

Silver never liked it in her home, even opting to use her father's weapon over that of most Atlas graduates... Or special agents.

This wasn't what she wanted, Ironwood would have forced the young Faunus to undergo experiments, wanting her Semblance, her soul to be incorporated in Professor Merlot's newest piece of tech, Penny. When Silver refused Ironwood had claimed her a deserter, and if you desert the Atlas Military... Lets just say you weren't going to have grimm as number one on your list of enemies.

With that on her mind Silver fled from Atlas, meeting up with a criminal near the outskirts of Vale. His orange hair and fair skin were well taken care of, meaning he had power. His cigars, cane and hat however, those were signs of power.

Silver never would have imagined in all her years she would join with a criminal, but when you have James Ironwood after you, Roman Torchwick doesn't sound half bad.

It's been 6 months since Silver has joined with her new companions, Roman, and Neo. Neo didn't speak much, although Silver had theories as to why she never could be sure. It worked out nice though as it was apparent from day one Roman did more than enough talking for the both of them.

As much as Silver hated working with the criminal, she did have to admit it wasn't much different than what Ironwood had her do, the only difference is Ironwood believed his cause was for the greater good. Roman on the other hand, had cared about 3 things; Money, his hat, and most of all, Survival.

The easiest way to tell was by looking at herself or Neo. They were Romans two closest compatriots, he trusted them with everything from money, and murder to Meliodic Crudgle, his prized weapon. Even with all that trust he has them shadowing each other more often than not, almost as if he expects one or the other to betray him for themselves. The same thing he would do to us.

Right now Silver was tasked with robbing a store of dust, she was accompanied by 4 of Juniors best henchmen. Junior albeit a criminal himself was scared of Roman, he had ties to some of the most powerful people in Remnant.

"From Dust 'Till Dawn... How cute." Silver spoke of the shop as though it was ran by a child. As she opened the door she saw it was quite the opposite. An old man was running the shop, he appeared to be about 60 to 70 years old, nothing she couldn't handle.

"Want us to handle this... Boss?" The way the thug questioned her authority made her mad more than anything.

"Why would I trust an important job like this to someone like you. I'd trust a child with this before I'd even consider you for this job. Make yourself useful and round up any civilians you see in the shop." After scolding the man, he went off without hesitation, the other 3 following suit.

The old man shook in his boots looking at her, the way she spoke made it clear that even these armed men were scared of her.

"Please, I'll give you all of my lien, just please don't hurt me... I have kids." He teared up, fearing for his life. As much as Silver hated scaring this innocent man she had a job, and it was to be completed.

"Burn, and make it snappy." He quickly reached into his display case, grabbing it shakily before handing it with both hands to Silver, making sure to stay silent the whole time. Soon 3 of the men returned giving Silver some form of canisters filled with dust of all kinds to her. "Now if you'd like, forget we were-"

Her statement was cut off by the sound of glass shattering behind her. Silver turned around to see one of her men outside on the road, standing next to his prone body was a short girl, not older than 15 by the looks of her. Silver takes note of the fact she is wearing red and black, as well as the fact she had... Silver eyes. Silver's examination of the girl in red was ended by her unholstering a Scythe, close to the same height as the girl wielding it.

The goons look at her with confusion, not sure what to do in this scenario. "What the hell are you doing! Get her!" The command was barked as the three remaining men charged at the young girl, all being dealt a singular blow from the scythe, the men falling to the ground with a thud, none getting back up.

Silver rolled her eyes as she looked at the girl in red, deciding to deal with this herself.

"It's been fun but it's about time I get going. If you could run along before I hurt you this will be much easier." The girl in reds response was to charge at Silver, trying to slice at the criminals legs. Luckily for Silver she was faster, jumping over the crescent blade with ease. "Of course not." Silver places a foot on the tip of the scythe, the girls smaller frame unable to lift Silver. That was until she fired a round, pulling her blade out from Silver but leaving herself open. Swiftly Silver recovers from the loss of her footing, jumping atop the red clad girls head, continuing to jump in the air, ghostly playing cards appearing underneath her, allowing Silver to jump onto the roof.

Silver pulls out a small cellphone like object called a scroll, inputting a message to an unknown person. "Now I just call Cinder and catch my ride, Red shouldn't be able to get up here that qui-" her sentence is ended by a bullet whizzing past her head, she turns to see the girl in red behind her with a massive red gun pointed at her. "Now this just isn't fair Red." She hits send on her message before placing the scroll in her pocket. "Come at me pipsqueak."

After being told to come at the blonde, the girl clad in red turns into a storm of roses, speeding towards Silver. Stopping abruptly Red is surprised to see that Silver had blocked the blow with a weapon of her own. A shield that was hidden on her forearm.

As Silver pushes the girl in red away a vehicle similar to that of a VTOL appeared behind her, a Bullhead. "Well Red, this is my cue, want me to tell The Boss about you? Or would you rather meet him in person?"

Silver jumped onto the Bullhead, tossing out the red crystal she had acquired from the old man earlier.

"Adios." She says as the red crystal lights up, then almost as soon as it lit it faded, then came the 'boom.' A massive explosion masked the rooftop in smoke.

Before Silver could turn away the smoke was gone, as though it was swatted away. Standing in front of the girl was a woman with a riding crop wearing glasses and a purple cape. Silver ran to the front, telling Cinder about the huntress before taking control of the Bullhead from Cinder. The mature woman in glass heels with a red dress, black hair, and burning yellow eyes approached the side of the ship, dueling with the Huntress. Neither seemed to have the upper hand so Silver decided the best option was to run for now, hoping to at least get away with three canisters of dust. Cinder covered their escape as they made off into the night.

Hey guys thanks for reading. The total word count was 1362.

I'd like to say thank you to Chinsangan for inspiring this story with his amazing work "RWBY Crimson Shadow." I recomend you all check it out.

Comments, questions, or suggestions can be left throughout the story or you may contact me directly via Private Message.

Have an amazing day and keep reading!