Like a Ghost

I followed Polly upstairs, and to her bedroom, she waited for the sound of the boys moving to the backroom before she spoke again.

"You need to find out how you know this man. You have to remember Theresa." She said quickly before moving towards her wardrobe.

"I think I met him in London."

Polly stopped and her eyes widened.

"London, how, when?" She questioned quickly whilst moving to sit in the chair near to the bed.

"When I left, when Tommy and I had our incident." I quickly carried on before she could speak again. "But I can't remember how. A man approached me the other day when I was out clearing my head." I reached into my pocket. "He gave me this address, he said It was different from their old one, and I could come anytime I wanted.... he was rather forceful..."

I handed the piece of paper to Polly and she looked at it quickly.

"A posh address, Kensington London" she looked up at me with a grimace. "Why did Luca pretend not to know you in the pub? If you had met before?" She looked away, did I see anger in her eyes?

"I don't know, the other man knew I had lost my memory, maybe he didn't want me to be alarmed if he came on too strong?" My pathetic excuse didn't work.

"So he has one of his goons follow you on a dark street and grab you?"

"I really don't know Pol; I've been trying for days to remember..." half-truth, half-lie...

Tommy and I slept soundly next to each other that night

Tommy and I slept soundly next to each other that night. Not speaking about the party or anything to do with Luca at all. It was putting me on edge, I had so many questions I needed answering, but of course, they could only come from Luca himself.

Tommy held me tightly to his side and didn't let me go until the day broke through the curtains. For the past few days I had felt as if my body was floating away from the Earth, I felt as if I had no control, but Tommy keeping me grounded, I was safe in his arms for now...

But soon, the bitter reality of the past few days came back to me in a wave that rushed to my stomach and made it turn. I had forgotten entirely that Tommy had met with Luca yesterday, too mixed up in it all even to begin to think about the consequences of that conversation.

I sat up quickly and moved from Tommy's arms. I needed to find Luca and talk to him...but I had no way of getting in contact with him, or had any idea of where he could be.

"Tess?" Tommy sounded sleepily from my side.

"Sorry, I had a bad dream..." I said to cover up my quick movements.

"What time is it?" He asked, sitting up while lighting a cigarette.

"9," I said quickly.

"I need to go to the Garrison to have some interviews for the new men if you want to join me. I don't think Polly will be home today."