ᴋʏᴏᴜᴋᴀ x ᴀᴋᴜᴛᴀɢᴀᴡᴀ [ᴀɴɢsᴛ/ғʟᴜғғ]

Start from the beginning

The two had to simply patrol the streets of Yokohama due to the increased robberies happening around town; Fukuzawa noticed that the two worked well together and would be useful with their abilities to stop any type of robber or criminal of the sort.

The weretiger and demon snow holder walked the streets of Yokohama calmly, not a single sign of criminal activities occurring as the birds whistled a few tunes and the leaves rustled in the brisk wind. Kyouka felt at peace with nature, eyes coming to a close as she synchronized with the breeze.

Atsushi scanned the sidewalk ahead of them, peeking off into dark corners and alleyways every now and then when they passed one. His eyes trailed from a grotty passage to Kyouka, who was abnormally quiet, a smile quirking on his lips as he gawked at her. 

Her eyelids were shut softly as she breathed in the summer air serenely, gorgeous dark-blue hair swaying in the gentle wind, a few leaves caught in its tide as it flew over Kyouka's head.

Izumi registered that a pair of sunset-colored eyes were laid on her, so she turned towards him as she opened her own eyes and smiled warmly. 

The weretiger turned forward abruptly when caught in the act and whistled alongside the chirping birds as if nothing had happened. Kyouka found it particularly funny and played it off as well, continuing to scan the tranquil streets. 

The blossoming teenager, Kyouka, had felt much better ever since last night. The poor thing had balled her eyes out in complete silence against Atsushi's clad shoulder, apologizing to him in her mind from how damp she must've gotten it from her salty tears. Her nose was still slightly congested, so she sniffled cutely here and there. 

The silence almost got too awkward, so Atsushi decided to speak up, 

"So... Kyouka-chan," he started, the weretiger turning towards her curiously with hesitance shadowing in his purple-yellow heterochromatic orbs. 

"If I may ask.... what did you dream of last night?"

Kyouka froze in her steps, heart beginning to quicken its pace as memories of her nightmare flooded her mind, crystal blue eyes widening from the shock. 

Atsushi ceased walking alongside her, instantly regretting the selfish question, fists clenching to prevent himself from hugging her which he thought would cause her to break into a million pieces like ceramic shattering onto the ground. The fact that she was standing so still like she was inert and frozen onto the concrete sidewalk frightened Atsushi far too much. 

"Kyouka-chan, I'm so sor–"

"It was about Akutagawa."

Atsushi froze with her, Kyouka beginning to snap out of it as she looked up at the white-haired boy, tears threatening to drip down her now rosy cheeks. 

"Ever since I left the Port Mafia, memories of him torturing me and forcing me to kill all of those people just... flooded back..... and it terrified me,"

"I cried every night for weeks– months, even... now I'm getting nightmares of those memories,"

"It's hard to sleep at night, even when you comfort me and tell me it's only a dream... they don't stop. Why don't they stop, Atsushi-san?"

Nakajima blinked at her as she cried helplessly, tears falling down his own cheeks as he felt her pain through his veins, his thrumming heart, and sorrowful soul.