Chapter Sixteen

⬇️chapter sixteen⬇️

"Hello Jamila, I'm Dr. Guy Thorpe-Beeston and I will do your exam today." Guy Thorpe-Beeston introduced himself. He briefly shook Jamila's hand, before grabbing Christian's hand as well and giving it a quick squeeze.

"Hello Christian," Guy Thorpe-Beeston said.

"Hello, Dr. Thorpe-Beeston." Christian saidz

"Well, let's see," He said, opening Jamila's file on the computer. "Your blood test came back with high levels of hCG, which is a hormone that is produced during pregnancy to build the placenta. Those levels reach their high between 9-12 weeks into the pregnancy and seeing that your level is up to over 150,000mIU/ml already, I would also say that you're between 9-12 weeks pregnant."

"Jamila, I would like to perform an ultrasound to find out how far along you are and determine any possible abnormalities." Dr. Thorpe-Beeston said.

"Yes, of course." Jamila said.

"I will measure the baby's size to determine a due date and we'll hear the baby's heartbeat." Dr. Thorpe-Beeston said. "Now, if you could just lay back for me." He said.

I did as I was instructed, "and lift your shirt up." Dr. Thorpe-Beeston added.

I lifted my shirt.

"Ok ma'am, this is going to be a bit cold." Doctor Thorpe-Beeston put the gel on my belly and then started the sonogram. Once he the camera to the position he wanted, two heartbeats filled the room. "Two steady, healthy heartbeats." He said.

"Two heartbeats?" Christian asked, unsure about what the doctor meant.

"Wait, we're having twins?" I asked, I was just as surprised as Christian.

"Congratulations, Your Royal Highnesses." Dr. Thorpe-Beeston said.

Christian gave Jamila's hand a small squeeze, before looking down at her and watched as her eyes widened and a bright smile formed on her face.

"Thank you, Dr. Thorpe-Beeston." Jamila said.

"You due date should be around June 18th next year, making you 12 weeks pregnant. The babies are about 6cm long right now, which is just right and we've got a healthy and steady heartbeats, as you can hear. I'll prescribe you some prenatal vitamins you should take daily. I know that morning sickness can be hard and tiring, but it is important to not skip any meals during the day." Dr. Thorpe-Beeston said, handing her the paper with the prescription.

"It was nice to meet you, Christian and Jamila. I wish you the best for your pregnancy." He said as he got up, leaving the room.

Stepping closer to her, Christian put his hand on her shoulder. "Jamila." He said.

"We have to tell my parents." Jamila said.

"We can FaceTime them when we get home." Christian said.

"I cannot believe it. We're having twins. What if they're identical? Does twins run in your family? I'm not sure about my family." Jamila said as she and Christian walked outside.

"The last time twins were born in my family, I think it was in the fourteenth or fifteenth century. I think you'll have twin girls." Christian said.

"You think so?" Jamila asked.

"Yes, I think we'll have the opposite of our parents. Since both have boys as firstborns. We'll have girls as firstborns." Christian answered.

"So, does this mean we'll have one more child or we're done after the twins?" Jamila asked.