Epilogue

A/N: This is the last chapter of Stalker. Hopefully this chapter will answer any unanswered questions. Thank you for reading and enjoy!

*POV Shayla*

I sat on the edge of my plastic chair anxiously. I was so excited and nervous that I barely felt the wind cutting through my thin bright orange robe.

It had to be the ugliest graduation robe ever. But I couldn't be more happy; it was finally over.

I was graduating from high school today.

I waited for them to call my name to make the final speech, because I, Shayla Finn, was given the honor to deliver the class speech.

"Now please welcome Miss. Shayla Finn onto the stage to give the class of 2017 graduation speech." My principal announced then stood back and clapped with the rest of the audience as I walked onto the stage.

I took a deep breath, smiled, and focused on the feeling of the warm sun on my face. Then I thought about the last four years of high school. The good and the bad; it had been about 3 and a half years since I had been stalked and kidnapped.

I've come so far since then.

I opened my mouth and began my speech,

"Wow, I can't believe today is the day. It has finally come, we're graduating." I was smiling so hard my cheeks were sore.

"We made it." I continued.

"Through all of the struggle of classwork, homework, grades, managing school with sports and jobs; we made it. We made it through all the personal problems too." I laughed.

"I know I could write a book about mine. I sure we all remember what happened years ago, but I made it through it. I know it wasn't only me who struggled, it was something that impacted our whole school. Furthermore, I am especially proud of my best friend Rita Lehman,"

My eyes automatically went to her in the audience. She smiled back at me and put a hand over her heart.

"She was the one who struggled the most and I couldn't be more proud of the progress she has made." I could feel myself tearing up thinking about the recent memories of our friendship, and I trying to forget the ones she no longer remembered.

It took her a while to accept her memory lost but she was still the Rita I knew deep down inside. She was determined to become my friend again, and eventually we became best friends. The more I got to know the new her, the more I realized she hadn't changed at all. Well one thing changed, she had acquired server stutter from the accident. Fortunately over the last three years it has gotten a lot better.

"I know after this day life will get harder for all of us. Responsibly and maturity will become a large burden, and we can no longer depend on our parents to take care of us. I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for it."

I heard laughter from the audience.

"It will be difficult to adjust, but we can do it. We made it this far, and we will continue to become better. I believe in all of you. Believe in me when I say looking at this class, I don't see just one person, I see a community, I see the future in all of us.

And that future is bright."