Chapter 4

Jacob didn't have anyone open for him since this concert was for the winner of a contest. They still played Fancy by Iggy Azalea because when Jacob's on tour that is the last song that plays before he comes on. After that, the sound of the countdown that I had heard once before was playing again.

"Are you ready for Jacob Whitesides? 20, 19, 18.."

Even after spending almost two hours with him, the fact that Jacob was about to perform had me on my feet. I didn't care that the whole school was watching, and neither did Kiera and her five friends. Our inner fangirl had to come out no matter how awkward the situation. We screamed at the top of our lungs and ran to the stage while the rest of the school sat completely silent in their seats thinking we where crazy. Not a single one of them knew who Jacob was.

The countdown hit 5 and us seven girls counted down together, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!"

If you heard how loud we where screaming you would never think it was only seven of us. Jacob ran out onto the stage with his guitar strapped around his neck and plugged it in to the cord that was laying on the ground.

"You guys must be excited to get out of class!" Jacob awkwardly laughed into the microphone. He received a few cheers from the rest of the crowd for that one.

"Well I'm Jacob Whitesides and obviously most of you don't know who I am, except for these beautiful ladies in front here." Even though it wasn't directed at any single one of us, every fangirl's face turned red at the sound of Jacob calling them beautiful.

"Kiera Trueman here won a contest I had. The prize was a surprise performance at their school. So you guys get to miss seventh and eighth hour because of her. Let's give her a thank you." I smiled at Jacob's cuteness as the whole school cheered for Kiera.

"So I'll just do my thing for a while and I'd be super thankful if y'all could be super hyped while I do these first couple songs. I know a lot of you don't know who I am, but I don't want to bore you with a bunch of talking all at once. I'm not one of those inspirational speakers they bring in here after all." Jacob smiled.

"Thank God!" I yelled without thinking twice. I was in complete fangirl mode and had completely forgotten about the whole school watching. Surprisingly a lot of people laughed though.

Jacob smiled and decided to start, "So this is a song that a lot of you probably know. It's by a guy named Ed Sheeran." Lots of people screamed at the sound of King Ed's name.

Jacob started strumming away at his guitar and then his beautiful voice started to produce the words to Don't by Ed Sheeran, his favorite artist. The crowd seemed to like it and some girls in the back of the auditorium yelled he background when it came to the chorus.

When the chorus came around the second time, a lot of people joined in in yelling, "BA DADA DADADADA!!"

Jacob smiled through the rest of the song. Afterwards he paused before speaking into the microphone, "Alright I need y'all to get turnt with me for the next three songs and then I'm gonna slow it down. So everyone up and get ready to sing because I'm sure you guys know these ones too!"

Jacob went into a medley of Hold On We're Going Home by Drake, Still Into You by Paramore, and Best Song Ever by One Direction. I was screaming my head off and singing so loud, and surprisingly, so was the rest of the school. When Jacob sang Best Song Ever, he started laughing his head off at how quiet we where after the line that goes, "Said her name was Georgia Rose." He made us do it over two more times until we had done it well enough for him. Every time Jacob smiled and laughed he looked my way.

No one was acting like they where too good to care like they all normally did. They where just enjoying themselves and having a good time. It was very refreshing, but I knew it wouldn't last for long.