Prologue 💎 Coal

The first rays of light entered through the sheer curtains of Noen Eubanks' room, the birds chirped outside his window and as he was opening his eyes, he could hear little rocks being thrown at his window.

He looked out to see who it was, his best friend Anthony was all ready for what was happening that day, after many months of waiting, prom was almost there. And since neither of them got a date, they would be each other's.

Anthony opened the windows and curtains as Noen cleaned his room, they were about to have a long day choosing something to wear.

They were just excited for the party, the whole court thing was not important to them at all, the prom court in their school was just used to show up in events throughout the following year, so just the Juniors could participate in the contest, to make appearances all though their senior year.

Noen did not want to be prom king, even if being a Junior it was his only chance, so he just left that stupidity to the social butterflies and the football team jerks.

Noen's sisters were prom queens for their senior years too, and his parents were excited for him to be prom king too, but he just told them he did not feel comfortable competing against others for a plastic crown.

At prom everything was good, Noen was wearing a pair of red shiny shoes, a red bow tie, along with dark blue pants and a white shirt.

"I see you got the ruby slippers" Anthony said making Noen laugh a little.

Prom was going really well, Noen was talking with Anthony and danced alone in the restroom when his favourite song played, because of course, he was really awkward and would not do it in public.

And the time to announce the prom court arrived.

And this year's prom king, winning by a difference thirty votes is...

•••
Welcome to The Crown Jewels, Coal to Diamond sold to fools
•••

Spinel