Chapter seventeen

⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆
—Dj's pov—
I made my way down to Axl's room with a new Bouquet of small daises and soft yellow sunflowers. I tossed last weeks yellow roses I'd brought him. I sat them down on a desk nearest to him. The room was filled with balloons of different colors and words. New and old flowers covered the dressers and table tops. Stuffed animals and candy assortment clustered on the counters like he could see this all.

I pull a stool next to him. His lashes falling onto his colorless cheeks. His lips so purple and cold looking. His hands white and lifeless. He looked so wrong. He wasn't himself any longer he was a body I came to see. I miss his smile and rude comments. A warm tear treds down my cheek but I quickly wiped it off. I was really messed up without him.

So every Night I seemed to drink myself unconscious and weekends I'd slip into a party in town and hang with the wrong type of people. Id done so many drugs in an effort to forget even if it's only for a night. I await, this is the moment where me wakes up out of nowhere and helps me. Fixes me. When he'll grab my hand and smile, where he'll kiss my lips and promise me he's ok now and that everything is where it was before. That time never passed us by and that he loved me. But this isn't a hallmark movie and i'm not the good guy.

I shuffle to my feet at the sound of a nurse coming in. I smile and nod as I quickly leave the room. I hurry out the hospital and light a fag. I've been smoking a pack a day lately but nothing but pills have seemed to help ease my stress and grief if that's what I even get the right to call it. I brush past judge-mental moms with children nearby. They shoot me dirty looks at my scruffy face and hair. My worn out party clothes and the overwhelming sense of tobacco with weed and a mix of perfumes and acahool.

I run my fingers threw my messy curls and pull at the ends in frustration. It's been almost a month. He's getting better they say but why isn't he awake why isn't he smiling and looking better. I throw my cigarette onto the street and carry myself to my car. A quick ding of my phone indicating I got a message.

I pull it out thinking it was about missing school again or staying out late again. The number pulled up wasn't my mom's tho. It was Axl's mom.
" Would you like to come over for dinner?"
I thought about the club and the drinks and pills being replaced by his sent and things that would only remind me of him. His clothes being folded on the couch. His photos on the wall, back when he was still him. Still happy.
" Id love to but I have tons of things for school and im still geting all of Axl's missed work together."
I slip into my car and start to drive. I pull my phone out at a red light.
"I know you have a lot on your plate and you've done so much for me and Axl but it would mean a lot if you'd stop by and have dinner tonight"
I thought for a moment and quickly typed
"Of course. I'll find a way to definitely come"
VOTE•COMMENT•FOLLOW
⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆  ⋆
☞ unedited ☜
Authors note :)
Hello my lovelies, wow we made it to 13k! it's amazing to know you guys are enjoying this book so far. I love reading your comments and knowing that u like it by leaving a vote/like.
( 630 words)