Chapter One

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆      ⋆
- Axl's  pov -
The reflection in the mirror looks out of place and unfamiliar. I take a deep breath looking over myself again. I notice my soft, blond hair held in lose curls all in disarray. I'd long given up hope of trying to tame it so it's unruly state would just have to do. I slide my high top, white converse on.

Shuffling down the wooden steps of the 'new' house me and mother had recently moved into. I use the word new lightly tho. The walls thin, letting the summer heat cook us. The old windows letting the humid heat and cold breeze seep right thru like a strainer holding water. The walls grasping on to the remaining outdated wallpaper that reveals the poorly chosen paint color of yellow. I suppose I shouldn't complain because its our home now and as much as I hate to say it, it's nice to finally feel like there's a constant in my life.

"Morning Ax. How'd you sleep?" She says dismissively. Her attention on the pot of half cooked oats in her pan. I sit, flipping threw the news paper on the green tinted counters. 'New park built on Second ST.' was the big headlines but none of it caught my attention. After all I don't really go out much nowadays.

"What in the world are you wearing Axl?" She asked wide eyed. She slowly places the bowl in front of me still looking me over. I ignore her reaction digging into breakfast. We'd just moved here from a warm sunny place called Florida but I wasn't ready to leave that all behind to start school in this middle of nowhere town. "Hurry hun today's your first day. You can't be late!"

I forced myself to walked the four block journey to the High School. I kinda thought the area was sketchy but mom insisted she had heard nothing but amazing thing's. When I arrived the gray building was underwhelming to say the least. I push the large heavy doors open, in no hurry may I add. I approach the older lady at the desk that could have gone a little lighter with her blush.

"Good Morning sweetheart, how may I help you" She never broke eye contact with the computer screen as her fingers typed away on the keyboard. "Umm well im new here and I came to pick up my schedule my mother didn't get last week"
She fumbled with the keyboard for a moment before looking up.

"Oh you must be Axl Ray" she smiled warmly making my nerves relax a bit. I suppose new people are a rare thing. She shuffled threw some files on her desk before looking threw a stack of papers. "Aaha I found it" She smiled as she waved for me to come closer. "Here they are dear. Don't worry about making it to first period. Take this time to look around and find your locker" I nodded and grabbed the papers she handed me.

"Thank you.. Alissa" That was what her worn out name tag read anyways. She smiles as I left the small box office space. The halls where clear as class had already started. I notice how down sized everything seemed compared to my old school in Florida. The lockers lined almost every wall and inch of the space.

"Hey kid" I heard a scruffy voice yell. I didn't think he was talking to me so I kept on walking. "Hey, weirdo with the fucking hoodie" I turned around to see a tall guy jogging towards me with long floppy dark hair and tanned summer skin. I stood there with a blank expression. "Hey kid your new right?" I shrugged, he already knew I was. He looked me up and down with a smirk "Why the hell are you wearing a sweater in 90 degree weather?" I looked at him for a moment wondering why people can't mind their own business. Instead of saying anything I shrugged.

I could tell he was getting pissed at my lack of verbal answers so he rolled his eyes. "What's your names weirdo" I scoff at his petty nickname. "It's 'fucking weirdo with the hoodie'" I smiled sarcastically. He smiled widely showing  his dimples and high cheekbones. "I like you, your funny!" He said between a few small chuckles. I watched his dimples form again. "My names DJ" he stated still smiling like a dumb ass. Even tho I didnt ask or really care I still mumbled "Axl".
"Imma go. See ya around" I hurry out. I flash a fake smile and keep walking dispite the calls for me to hold on behind me. I hurried down the hall hoping not everyone was as fucking crazy as him.
VOTE•COMMENT•FOLLOW
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
☞ edited ☜
Authors note :)
Hey my lovelies! Welcome to my first public book! I hope you enjoy this book as much as I enjoy writing it! (This chapter is edited )
840 words