Chapter 21

Ramona POV

Twenty minutes after our "Breakup Cure" texts, Jax shows up in my room with candy, Starbucks, pizza, chips, chocolate, and pretty much every junk food ever. 

Sky, sobbing in between Aria and I, suddenly sits up and says, "I'm not sure what's going on here, but is it normal for there to be actual pain in my chest when I have a heartbreak? And pass me a Snickers." 

Normally so hard to crack and tough, it hurts me to see Sky like this. Alex really ruined her, if she's been crying for at least an hour. She NEVER cries, so the fact that she is, means that he broke her heart. I'm going to break his face.

"Yeah, it's normal to have a little pain. Not so much that it hurts to breathe, though. If that's the case, we better get you to the hospital." Jax says, hopefully thinking the same thing as me. 

"No, not that bad. I just constantly get reminded of things that we used to do, like eating an absurd amount of pizza. And thing that remind me of him, like dog poop and video game controllers, and his contact." Sky says, lip quivering.

"Give me your phone, Skylar. I'm going to change that and check to see if he's been texting you. If he has, we're calling him, yelling cusses at him, and then blocking him. Let me know if you think that's too little or too much." Aria says, holding out her phone for the phone.

Rocki, looking up from her phone, says, "Are you sure that's a great idea, Arianna? He just came here, looking for her so he could apologize. It doesn't seem right to threaten and curse at him." 

"Well, I don't know if it goes against my moral code, considering that he just did that to one of my best friends, but should we go with yours, since you asked Jackson to cheat on his girlfriend with you? That's right; I know. Thanks for giving my other best friend a panic attack." she says, fire burning in her eyes. It takes a LOT to make Aria mad, but when you insult her friends, she's going to kill you.

"You told them? Fuller, you suck. Dumping you at prom was the right thing to do, I never should have got back together with you." Rocki spits out, staring at him a bit too intently for my tastes.

"Aria, Rocki, you two can kill each other later. Right now, we have a broken hearted Sky who's crying into my chest over some loser that we were all friends with an hour ago." I say, preventing the murder.

"Fine. But this is not the last argument of ours that you have to deal with, Ramona. Everyone's talking about how you're such a woke goody-goody, who wants to be internet famous, just because she's living with the star of the football team. Stop being so perfect, stopping us from having our fun. You don't deserve Jackson; you're just a nothing. Go away, die in a hole. You'd be doing everyone a favor." Rocki says, using all the right words to make my insecurities public. 

Stunned, everyone's jaw drops to the floor- literally. Except me, I just flip her off and start crying quietly.

"What the fuck, Rocki! Are you just mad that Jackson's not a cheater, because he's dating someone that's NOT you, after you dump him for Trey Douchebag Anderson? Jesus Christ, get a life." Aria shouts, recovering first from the shock.

No longer frozen, Jax walks over to me, picks me up, and takes me to his bed, to the murmurs of others. "Babe, do not listen to a thing she says, because she's a jealous liar. No one is talking about you like that; you're known as the dancer activist who will, eventually, be president. You having more Instagram followers than her because half the time you post about politics is just a thing that happens, but she's jealous. Me being on the football team has nothing to do with this, and why on Earth she thinks you're stopping them from having fun or perfect, I don't know. But all those things you hate- your bone-straight hair, height, those are things I love, and they make you even more perfect. Rocki's taking everything out on you, and for some reason, thinks you're not amazing. She's jealous, and her jealousy is making her say those things," he says firmly, engulfing me in a hug.

"But what if she's right? What if the world would be better if I just disappeared, left you and everyone else here, started again?" I sob into his chest.

"Ramona Jaelynn Gibbler, do not let her jealous ass get to you. If you disappeared, none of us would be the same. Stay with us, here, in San Fransisco, at our crazy house." Jackson says, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm gonna go kill Rocki now, will you be okay here?" he asks five minutes later.

"You're not going to jail for Rocki Mahan, Jax. Let's tell the others, except Rocki, to bring half of the food in here, watch Netflix, and call it a night. I can't deal with all her drama right now, so we'll deal with Alex in the morning." I say, pulling out my phone so I can access Twitter and Instagram.

@ramennoodles has blocked @rockimahan.

-------

Well. That was a lot of DRAMA! BTW, Rocki's not really a horrible character, and is actually pretty well-established and down to earth, but I needed a villian, and she just happens to be it right now.

This book will now be updated Mondays and Thusdays, due to my new Wattpad schedule, since I have a new, unreleased, Sprousehart/Charmila social media fan fic, so stay tuned for that! 

BEFORE I GO, if you're ever dealing with a situation like Ramona and Rocki are, tell a trusted adult. I'm legit starting school in a week, but always here if you need to talk about anything.

Later loves, 

~Ry