Chapter 16

(Warning some fighting and killing!)

 I close my eyes and concentrate on the face of the leader, "we will get the seer and kill one of the strongest Alpha's in America. Then we will rule the whole of the Northwest no-one would dare mess with us. The surprise attack is the best plan.  The seer will be to busy with her new mate.  To see anything a miss." I open my eyes 

"Did you all see that? He has about, 100 wolves. 50 of which will attack the main gate while the other 50 come in from the Northwest" I tell them. 

"We saw him talking how do you know the rest?" Nate asks. 

"I read his mind" I say.  Mr. Strong looks at me through the rear-view mirror.  "Nate, call every warrior have them roll out the front gates get the children and non-fighters into the bunkers" Mr. Strong orders.  

Nate calls the orders through the link.  Mr. Strong puts his foot down.  "Holly can you tell what time they plan to attack?" he asks 

"They'll be here in a little under an hour" "good that gives us enough time" he states.   "Mr. Strong if you have a reel of electric cable and a couple car batteries.  I can take some of them out in one go" I tell him 

"Nate" he says Nate gives the orders "have them leave some by the main gate, we'll take the rest to the Northwest boundary" I add.  They let me out at the front gate.  I get to work cutting the cable and wrapping it around the bottom of the gate. This gate is far bigger than the normal one.  This has been rolled out from the trees and it about 20 feet high. I connect the batteries and then go to the tree line, strip and shift.  

My wolf runs as fast as she can to the Northwest boundary with my sundress in her mouth. Where I meet Mr. Strong, I stop and shift pull on my dress and then get to work digging a trench, laying the cut cable. I then dig the trench to the water hole and the water starts to fill the trench.  I fix one half of the cable to the battery. 

"No-one is to come past this point here" I instruct, I close my eyes and concentrate on the leader.  I open my eyes "here in 15, they will be trying to sneak past the guards, so for this to work we need to be hidden" I tell Mr. Strong.  

He nods and orders everyone back into the trees.   I crouch down and move a few branches so I'm all covered and run some soil into my armpits and arms to mask my smell.  Nate comes up and pulls me into his arms.  

"Please be careful" he says and I hold him tight "you too" he lets me go with a kiss then moves further back into the trees.  The wait is horrible, but finally, I hear paws hitting the ground.   I wait until the first line crosses the trench and then I connect the second wire, whines and gasps are heard as some wolves are electrocuted.  

Then all hell breaks loose, I toss my dress and shift I surprise the first wolf and clamp my jaw down hard onto his neck, I give my head a powerful shake and then let go and run to the next wolf that charges at me.  

He crouches and jumps as I roll and then reach up and get the underside of its neck.   I sink my teeth in deep and pull my head back as much as I can.   I move quickly as it falls.  I spit out the chunk of fresh I've got in mouth.  

I feel wolf jumping for my back so run forward two paces before turning and catching its side flank.  I rip a good chunk off then stand on the hole, I've just ripped into and while it howls in pain rip its neck.  

I keep going keeping an eye on Nate and making sure he is okay.  I know he is doing the same with me.  I'm starting to feel tired when Mr. Strong shouts "he's mine" through the link.  

I look up from my last kill and see that there is only one large wolf left. "Nate, Holly, Oscar go and help them out at the front gate" he orders and we turn and run back through the woods to the front gate. We don't think, we just run into the fighting.  I loose count on how many we've killed or injured badly enough that they can't shift.