Chapter 16

Ryan's POV

She cried for sometime and after few minutes she fell asleep. I think her crying made her tired. I sigh as I just stand in front of her, observing each and every inch of her face. She looks like an angel, hell she is an angel. She is strong and fierce. In all of the years since she has been into my pack I have never seen her this broken. It hurts me to look at her in this state.

'Hey, Evan. Can you like arrange a bed in this cell?" I mindlink him and his reply is instant with a small worried yes. I sigh. Evan has lost his sister during a war between rogues and us. She was just fourteen when she died and I think Evan is trying to replace his sister, Julie, with Riley. Evan always has a soft spot for Riley even when I was pulling those weird pranks on Riley.

After like ten minutes, Evan and one of the guard walks in with a small single bed. I help them arrange it in one corner of the room and Evan helps in taking off those cuffs. I take Riley bridal style and drop her on the bed softly. She didn't even stir and I thank the goddess that she fell into deep sleep.

'Why is her eyes so red and puffy? Why does she look so tired and...weak?' Evan asks in mindlink and I know that I can't answer for that. It's Riley's story to tell so I shake my head no telling him to drop the matter and he nods his head in understanding.

Evan says his good bye and walks out of the room with the guard following him. I sit at the edge of the bed and look at her, my hands instinctly starts massaging her leg to get her some kind of relief, I just realized she has been standing all day more like hanging all day. After few minutes, I got to her hand and started massaging it too. She sighed in content when I softly trace the outline of her marked wrist and slowly massaged her shoulders too.

I am literally hovering over her for massaging her shoulders from this edge of the bed. Shouldn't I just switch the place to sit and do this easily? I am losing my mind here. I slowly got up and sit on the edge of the bed where her head is placed on the pillow, her hair sprawled all across the pillow. Her cheeks still tear-stained but she looks beautiful what-so-ever. She slowly opens her sleepy eyes and stare at me for a few seconds. I look at her too not able to talk or form any coherent sentences.

She scoot over attaching her back to the wall and pat the bed space beside her telling me to lie down beside her. Without any exchange of words I lie down beside her and drape my arm around her waist dragging her closer to me. She snuggled in my chest and hearing her make a content sound because I am there beside her...I tell you...THIS IS THE BEST FEELING EVER!!!

Now, after realizing that she is into her deep slumber I whispered the things I wanted to tell...when she was crying. "You're so strong, Riley. You're stronger than anyone I know and I am so so proud to be your mate," I whispered hugging her tightly never wanting to let her go.

'Alex, let's plan to have a meet with the rogue alpha as soon as possible' I mindlink to Alex and the instant reply from him shows he was eagerly waiting for this. I grit my teeth in anger, my jaw ticking at the thought of her enduring all the pain. I feel guilt about the fact I was not there for her to help and take her away from there.

I couldn't save her sister and I know she is going to guilt herself for the loss of her sister.

I haven't cried since my parents died. People tend to think that I am heartless or cold-hearted person because they thought I didn't cry for my parents loss or any of my pack member's case but they didn't know me. I don't let any tears out in front of anyone because I want to be strong for them, I want to be their hope. But, despite of me being known to be cold-hearted jerk when it comes to pack matter, my pack loves me and that's all I want and need.

Now to add to the love, my mate loves me and now I feel complete...I feel complete at last!!!

So, here is another update and I know it is not much of a chapter, but well it's still an update...I hope you enjoy !!

And another information-- I may finish this story pretty soon!!!!