Echo frowned as she watched him, and asked, "Where are you doing?"

"Out," He looked over at Jenna who turned to face him as he began to leave. "I'll be back!"

"I feel like an invalid," Jenna said as Echo handed her a drink.

Elena opened the pizza box that sat on the coffee table as she said, "That's because you are an invalid."

Echo chuckled and nodded in agreement as she took a slice of pizza from the box. "She's right."

Jenna scoffed and laughed at the twins, shaking her head.

"Where's Jeremy?" Echo questioned, glancing over at the chairs. "Shouldn't he be hungry?"

"He already left for the Lockwood party," Jenna answered, and the twins shared a confused look at that, knowing their brother would never go to a party like that. It just wasn't like him.

"He went to that?" Elena asked in confusion.

Jenna nodded. "I'm glad. He needs to have more fun. Lose some of that emo-thing."

"I'm gonna get some napkins," Elena said and stood up, and headed over to Alaric who was trying to open a bottle of wine in the kitchen. Echo was quick to get up and follow her sister.

Echo stood in front of Alaric. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Alaric asked, pretending to not know anything. And what gave it away was the way he could barely hold eye contact and because of his tone of voice.

Echo clicked her tongue and shook her head. "We haven't heard from anyone all day. And Damon always calls me to talk about nothing in particular. Lets not forget that Caroline is also my best friend, and she doesn't know how to stop talking." She tilted her head, being sassy. "It's like they're avoiding us. And now Jeremy is supposedly at the party? He hates stuff like that."

"I don't know what to tell you two," Alaric said, and they narrowed their eyes when Alaric's phone suddenly beeped. He was quick to grab it before either twin could, and stuffed it in his back pocket.

"So you'll be okay if we just head out and try and meet up with everyone," Elena said with a smile before they started to walk away.

Alaric quickly blocked their path. "Wait, wait, wait."

"What are you hiding, Ric?" Echo questioned roughly. "Come on. We fought together."

"Stefan and Damon asked me to keep an eye on you two," Alaric said reluctantly. "Just in case Katherine showed up while they were at the party."

"So Stefan and Damon are at the party too?" Elena asked.

"Just let this one go, you two, okay?" Alaric said, pleading with them, giving them his puppy eyes

They both nodded, knowing exactly what the other thought; they weren't going to let it go.

A few hours later, Elena spoke up and said, "Hey, we're gonna go upstairs and talk. You good over there?"

"Night," Jenna said, waving at them before rolling back over, and Alaric sat down in the chair that faced away from them.

Echo grabbed the car keys off of the side table, and they quickly and quietly ran out the front door.

JEREMY walked away from Katherine, pulling out his phone when he was suddenly yanked to the side. He was about to yell when a hand clasped over his mouth, and he saw that he was staring at his twin sister's.