˜"*°•.˜"*°• ᴀʀᴛɪꜰᴀᴄᴛ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The golden ring of Hogwarts. A myth that nobody really believed. The story goes that the founder of Hogwarts created a ring using the magic of Hogwarts and that whoever possesses it has great power over the castle. That was considered bologna to almost everyone.

You doubted the story, too, until you found a page about it in the school library. As soon as you finished reading about it, the page somehow disappeared. It was almost as if it was never there. That's where your interest took root. You kept what you discovered to yourself, not wanting anyone else to find it.

You researched day and night about it and went to every library in town. You analyzed every founder's personality to get a clue to where it could be hidden. The information was very limited, of course. It's not a popular urban legend, to say the least. You felt that it was made that way so no one would have reason to suspect its existence.

What you gathered was that it's practically impossible to find.

One warm afternoon, you go out to get some fresh air from your studies and personal project of finding an ancient artifact. You overhear a familiar voice cursing to himself, trying to get a book open. You laugh, wondering how he couldn't do such a simple task.

He lets out a sigh of frustration that leads his eyes to wander to your position by the tree.

"I can open books." He states, almost as if he read your mind.

"I never said you couldn't." You smirk.

"Yeah, but you were thinking it." Draco muttered before raking his hand through his hair.

"What's the book about?" You ask curious.

"None of your business, L/n." He continued to try different ways to open the book.

"Need help?" You ask, walking towards his sat figure on the grass.

"I already had Blaise try to open it and Pansy too, I don't think you're gonna be of any help." Draco moved the book away from you, an open invitation to not touch the book. You glimpsed at the cover and realized it was about the ring. The book was locked, so that means it had answers you were looking for.

"Why do you have a book on finding the Golden Ring of Hogwarts?"

"Why do you even care about it?" You tried to snatch the book away, but he holds it out of your reach. You fell on top of Draco, and he held the book behind his head, extending it out with his arm. You were on top of him and fought to reach it, but he turned you around, and you seemed to switch positions.

"Let me see!" You argued.

"Hell no!" He fought back. He held the book behind his back and attempted to get up when you grabbed him by his ankles and made him trip. The book fell out his hand, and you took the chance to grab it. You weren't quick enough, and it fell back into Draco's hands. You were tired of this back-and-forth game.

You really hoped he wasn't after the same thing as you. It always seemed that you both got caught being an obstacle in each other's way.

You continued to tussle. You were so ready to throw a punch at him.

"Ahem, no intimacy on school grounds." A passing by teacher coughed. You and Draco both froze, shock taking over your face. You never jumped up so fast in your life.

"We weren't - I would never!" Draco stammered.

"We were fighting! I swear!" You choked on your words from the sheer embarrassment that colored your face pink.

"Fighting earns a consequence." The teacher replies. You knew the rules of PDA at Hogwarts get three warnings before earning a detention. Fights, however, lead to an automatic detention or even suspension in some cases. You watch as the teacher walks away, a sheepish smile perked on her lips.