XX. EMPIRES ON FIRE

Beginne am Anfang

The Lockwood teen hadn't seen much of Hayley this past month, which if you'd of told her a couple of months ago she'd have been phenomenally happy about it, but now, now, she felt as if she'd lost another one of her closest friends. She had stayed out in the Bayou with Eve, waiting for the next full moon to rise so that she could give her newfound family and friends the remedy that Celeste had given her to rid them of the curse.

And then the full moon came, and it worked, and she found herself a new home away from Thea. And whilst the wolf was sad about it, she couldn't help but to be happy for her. After all, that is what the two initially sought out to find when they came to New Orleans. The Marshall woman had finally found her family, her place, and if anyone deserved to be happy- it was her.

All in all, the month that passed hadn't been that bad. Though she missed Rebekah dearly, it had gone by in a flash and the wolf was beginning to pick herself back up again. And as she did so, her first mission on repairing what was left of her wounded heart was forcing Klaus to stop being a sulky brat and sit down and talk to her. So, as she walked with purpose across the hall to his room with an expression of determination on her face, the wolf had no time to prepare for the scene that would meet her when she arrived.

"Hey, Nik, I was hoping you-" the Lockwood teen began as she pushed open his door, not waiting to be called in- though the second the door opened, she had wished she'd never even bothered. Because there, stood in his room in nothing but her lingerie was Genevieve with Klaus stood shirtless extremely close to her. At the sight, Thea could feel her heart physically break all over again.

It was as if she had been plummeted into the deepest depths of the ocean without any knowledge of how to break the surface. She couldn't move. She couldn't breathe. The air had been forcibly stolen from her, but she wouldn't give the pair the satisfaction to see just how badly the scene before her had hurt her. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing just how badly he had broken her.

"Weren't with a half-naked psychowitch. Seems I gambled and lost," Thea remarked snidely, a glare now set in her eyes as she stared the red-head witch down with lingering disgust and hatred. Genevieve smirked at the wolf with a look of superiority, "ten minutes ago I was fully naked," the witch responded casually, the remark almost knocking Thea straight off her feet.

Klaus' head whipped to face the witch with a confused frown, his expression furious at the lie she had just uttered- but Thea took no note of it as she was too invested in the pain in her heart and the searing jealousy she felt. In truth, Genevieve had barged into his room as he was changing in nothing but a silk robe and her underwear. Klaus was in the midst of throwing her out when Thea barged in and found them.

"Oh! Then you served your purpose. Don't let me hold you up," Thea remarked sarcastically as she nodded to the door, just as Elijah stepped up beside her, placing a comforting hand on the wolf's shoulder. The older original simply glared at his brother in disgust as he held up the witch's black heel, "I trust you can find your clothing and the door," Elijah remarked, his tone of of disgust as he held out her shoe.

Genevieve rolled her eyes, tightening the robe around her frame as she walked to where Elijah and Thea were stood, taking the shoe from the original's hand as she smirked towards Thea. The very sight causing an unnerving amount of anger to bubble within the brunette as she found herself itching to smack the smirk straight off her face. However, she was a lady...and pregnant, so instead, she stuck with her words. "I'll see to it that someone pays you for your services," the wolf commented with her own smirk as she watched the witch's expression contort into a scowl as she barged her way through the door.

As soon as she left, Thea turned back to face Klaus with a disgusted expression, her eyes cold as ice as she refused to allow him to see her broken. Without even uttering a word to the hybrid, the wolf turned on her heel and walked back towards her room causing Klaus to break out of his seemingly frozen state. "Thea-" the hybrid called after her, attempting to go after her before Elijah pushed him back with a harsh glare.