F O U R T E E N

one day

🌌

"They say that no matter how 

old you become, when you 

are with your siblings, 

you revert back to childhood.

-– Karen White

🌌

+eralyn

Dinner was held promptly after Amren's stomach growled. The sound brought a bit of joy to Mor's tear-stricken face as she let out a half-hearted snort. It was interesting to sit down at the table with them, but, then again, at this point, what wasn't? I sat beside Rhysand on my right while Mor sat at my left. Cassian sat next to Mor at the end and on the other side, Amren took Rhysand's right while Az took her's.

I almost drooled at the sight of the food and the smells of the rich spices mixed into it. I may have eaten in one of Doranelle's best restaurants, but the food of my home will always remain my most desired.

Despite my appearance being 'heart-stopping' as Mor once put it, everyone seemed to have large appetites as they stacked food on their plates with no words at all. I took a bit longer than everyone else to do so, just because I was in awe of the food, how it looked so simple but was what I yearned for. I remembered all the nights I went to bed hungry because I refused to eat at the table with my father, believing that the food wasn't good anyway, but now, five hundred years later, I will never miss a meal cooked here in Prythian again.

Tensions were still high, and I mostly got the sense from Mor. I knew she was just waiting to explode with questions. The explanation I gave all of them was vague, to say the least, and perhaps it would stay that way. There were parts of my history I had yet to come to terms with or think too hard on and it would stay that way until I was ready.

"So," Mor said, not being able to take the silence, "what did you do in that world? How did you... how did you become a warrior... a spymaster?"

I had not yet looked up from my plate and refused to do so as I said, "It'll ruin your appetite."

Cassian's fork clattered on his plate, "Are you going to continue keeping things from us after we've already had this discussion?"

I sighed out, momentarily closing my eyes. Cassian's emotions were justified, I just didn't know how to handle them at the moment, or if I even could. "I've already told you everything Cassian, it was just in vague terms." I met his eyes. "Believe me, Cassian, I am sorry for what I did to you. I am sorry for how you feel, and I am sorry that this is the situation in which we meet again, but what's done is done. When I rescue Feyre, we can have it out on the roof." At this point, honesty was the best I could give any of them.

Cassian held my gaze. There was a fire in the irises but beneath, there was love, hurt, yearning, and pain. I looked away for the sake of my sanity.

"Here's the way I see it," Rhysand started, his eyes dull enough to ruin even the finest silver. "Even though you were absent for five-hundred years in which we viewed you dead, you came back when we needed you most." His eyes flickered when I finally met them. "With that being said, we'll hash this out when the job is done." He flung his eyes to Cassian's, the hazel violently clashing with the faded violet. Cassian's only response was a grunt and that was that.

"Eralyn, tomorrow, you, Az, Cass, and Amren will work out the logistics of the plan for Feyre's return while Mor and I put our focus on the pressing matters we'll explain to you when Feyre's back," Rhysand finished. In a sense, being withheld from the information seemed somewhat like a bribe. Bring Feyre back and you'll get your information. However, this was war and Rhyhsand was no fool. The fewer times he repeated crucial information, the better. He and I both knew that if we wanted, we could rip into each other's heads day and night, but our mutual respect remained in the past centuries. He, oddly enough, understood why I didn't return to the soil of my birth without knowing the exact reason, but it was enough for me. From what I gleaned, I wasn't the only one who made sacrifices in the five-hundred years.