The world's most unsuccessful suck-up

Chapter Three: The world's most unsuccessful suck-up

//Unedited//

Beep

Beep

Bee--

You slammed your palm onto your alarm clock, "And so the nightmare returns.."

Still, in your pyjamas you wandered out from your room, during your morning stroll through the house you noticed a fair ton of dishes in the sink, then an idea popped into your mind.

Rolling up your sleeves and stepping up, you filled the sink with warm, soapy water, grabbing the cloth you started to do the dishes.

Finishing off and stacking the last dish you were graced with a presence, "Good morning-- Oh, are you miss helpful today?"

Wringing out the cloth and setting it up to dry you spun on your heel and faced your mother, "Yep! just got tired of the dishes welling up in the sink," Your mother gave a nod and switched the kettle on, "Oh don't worry about that Mum, I'll make you a coffee, just relax."

A little sceptical your mother did as she was told, sitting down on a chair her right elbow leaning against the dining table, "What's gotten into you today, Y/n?"

"Nothing, just want to be helpful," finishing up with the coffee you stirred it and began walking toward your mother, "Here you go," you gently placed the mug of coffee onto the table, "enjoy."

"It's beautiful, thank you, Y/n." your mother took a sip of her morning treat.

"Hey mum," your left hand hugged your right arm, "I was just wondering if I could," nervous you lightly bounced yourself up and down, "have the day off school today?"

"I knew you were going to ask me something," a sigh came from your mum's direction, "and my answer is no, I'm sorry Y/n but you can't just skip school because you don't want to go."

"But mum I did the dishes--," You cleared your throat, "I'm exhausted from yesterday. I don't know If I can even tolerate going today!"

"Y/ please just, go get dressed, I'll take you to school late if I have to."

Feeling like the world's most unsuccessful suck-up, you did as you were told. 

~

"I'll see you this afternoon."

"And you'll listen to me complain too," you hopped out of the car and adjusted the skirt of your uniform in another attempt to lengthen it, "bye mum."

Wandering throughout the halls you had managed to get yourself lost and make yourself even later for class, "I could just walk home at this point," with newly closed eyes you walked through the spacious hall until you had forcibly come to a halt.

You had walked into a wall.

Holding your nose which bore a newfound pain you gazed upon the wall you had bumped into, a sign lay atop of a door, 'C02'  suppressing an eye twitch you stared at the sign, "C block, room two, great I found my class." Despite finding your way, a fair ton of sarcasm laced your tone.

Without another word, you entered the classroom, which immediately gained you the attention of everyone in the room, 'great I feel like a celebrity, no wonder they go crazy.'

"May I see your timetable?" the teacher's voice boomed, you handed him your timetable which was your verification that this was indeed your class he gestured toward an empty space at the far left science bench.

As soon as you had walked over toward the vacant spot the teacher spoke again, "Alright, class, we'll be working on a small project to buddy up into teams of two."

You scrunched up your face in dissatisfaction, you had no friends in this country, let alone in this goddamn class and now you had to buddy up, 'just lovely.'

Awkwardly standing in position as everyone had already buddied up you bore a look of embarrassment, 'Am I really that unapproachable?'

You instantly wanted to take back your internal words as an all so familiar figure found its way in front of you.

"We're the only ones left," Damien crossed his arms with a smug grin, "guess we're partners."

"Oh, how exciting." you spat with the holy language of sarcasm.

Trying to focus on the project at hand, you couldn't help but hear a few whispers which fluttered around the classroom and into your ears.

"I didn't know Damien was in this class."

"Yeah, I thought he was in Mrs Joan's class, you know, with all the gifted kids in this subject."

"He could've dumbed down."

"Impossible!"

Heavily confused, you dulled yourself out of their conversation and looked at Damien, "Have you always been in this class?"

Switching on the Bunson burner, he looked at you, "No, I was just transferred in today, my timetable changed."

His answer didn't wash out a single ounce of your confusion, but you still nodded in response, there was something off about this boy, half of you wanted to get involved, but the other half begged you to stay to yourself.

~

To your surprise you had survived class with extreme difficulty, you were never any good at science which is why you avoided your teacher's gaze and made Damien do the work.

'I don't think anyone noticed that I didn't do anything.' Feeling proud you were about to leave the classroom and walk out the door, that was until you were stopped.

"Wait, Y/n L/n come here please."

'Shit.'

"Listen L/n; I'm worried about your education in this class, now I know you've arrived at school later than everyone else, but It doesn't take an expert to see you're having trouble in this subject."

'Oh, boy, here we go.'  You mentally face palmed yourself for being obvious, "I know, I promise I'll study and try harder to meet your expectations."

"I understand, but if that doesn't work than I'd have no choice than to suggest tutoring."

Mentally cursing your lack of knowledge, you exited the room.

~

'I feel like I'm prey about to enter a cage of predators...' you thought aloud in your head, you were holding your food which consisted of a sandwich with your favourite filling and a juicy, green apple.

Scanning the cafeteria for a vacant spot, your eyes noticed a group of friends leave their table and scatter elsewhere. Suddenly you became the seagulls from Finding Nemo, the only thing which was missing was the constant shouting of the word mine.

Alas, you had found an appropriate spot to eat your lunch which you did at that.

In the middle of eating your sandwich, your attention was stolen by an argument between students; someone had stuck gum in another student's hair to impress some blonde girl.

That's school for you.

Your attention was brought back to your lunch, but something was instantly different.

Sitting at the table, you were seated at was a piece of coloured paper which looked to be cut in a heart shape.

Confused and wanting to go home you pushed the heart-shaped piece of paper away from you, it flew off the table, "I'm not up for, nor am I falling for some prank."

//End Of Chapter//

Long chapters or short chapters?