my friend thinks you're cute // hawksilver

tw: none
word count: 223

     It was a fairly calm morning in the tower, which meant free time.

     Clint had a knack for cooking. Always trying to learn new recipes, mixing old recipes, perfecting techniques.

     Pietro had a knack for eating. He was always Clint's taste tester and ate everything he blond man cooked, even though sometimes it turned out bad.

     So there the pair could be found, Pietro, sitting in a chair at the island, and Clint, busy at the stove.

     "So how are you, old man? Anything interesting going on in your life?" Pietro asked. He was bored. Clint was taking his time with this one.

     "Nothing much. Some crush drama,  but that's about it." The blond replied. He didn't want the kid to know that he was in fact the crush and that there was no drama except for Clint's ball-less-ness when it came to telling the boy.

     "Do tell."

     Clint mentally cursed himself, but tried playing it smooth. "Oh, it's nothing. Just my friend thinks you're cute."

     Pietro raised his eyebrow, "friend? What friend?"

     Clint sighed, "me, I'm the friend."

     Pietro chuckled. "No, really. What friend?"

     Clint scoffed, turning to the boy with two plates. "Me. I'm the friend."

     He slid the boy a plate.

     "Oh." The boy smirked. "You know what, old man?"

     "What?" Clint asked.

     "You're kind of cute, too."