Rumours

UNEDITED.

---------------

I sighed as I looked up at the darkening sky. Business was low on days like these, a good reason to lock up and head home early. I put on my coat and beanie and switched off all the lights and fans. As I was locking the main door, I heard rustling from the forest nearby. I squinted to search for the source but to no avail. An unsettling feeling washed over me as I walked home.

My town consisted of a small populace of about 3000 people. All werewolves. Hence any small change in our routine would become the talk of the town. The latest talk being 'When was the Alpha's son coming back'. Alpha Richard's son had been sent away to a private school for future Alpha's when he turned 17. I'd heard about him in school but I would desperately try to not come in his way. I had succeeded. But after he was sent away, not a soul heard about or from him. Rumour has it that he is coming back this Weekend. Another rumour also states that he is in search of his mate. This was another hot topic of discussion for the ladies of the pack. The Luna of the pack, Alpha Richard's wife and mate, died during the infamous Rouge War. The death of the Luna affected not only Alpha Richard but also the pack. But unlike the other packs, we were able to pull ourselves together and become the pack we are today. The strongest in the world.

I felt a sense of pride washing over me. But while I was deep in thought, I hadn't noticed how eerily quite the streets were.

My face scrunched up in confusion.

'That's strange' I thought.
You bet. Said my wolf, finally showing up.

I started walking faster and that's when I heard it.

The growl that made my knees wobble.

The growl that made my heart beat faster.

The growl that held so much power.

The growl that made my wolf go wild.

The growl that left me breathless and had me utter just a single word.

"Mate"

------------------

A bit short but this is just the begining, so please hold on.

Eh that's about it xD

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT ETC ETC JUST SO I HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO KEEP WRITING.

Thank you ❤