Old pack, New pack (Part 2)

The mate bond is a powerful thing. It is beautiful yet deadly. The bond will survive, only and only if the mates were together. If one of them is separated from the other, for various reasons, the bond weakens. And weakens. Till it finally snaps.

The snapping of the bond was the very reason why I didn't feel an ounce of guilt as I checked out the fine specimen in front of me.

My Wolf was drooling too. A first.

Dark Brown hair which was messed up by the constant running of hands through it, deep brown eyes which held warmth but infinite sadness too. A lean but muscular body whose contours were outlined by the fitting black Tshirt.

My mouth was dry. I couldn't speak. There were no sparks. No, there was something better.

Hope.

Hope that I could move on and live my life. My heart beat rather loudly against my chest. I averted my eyes to the ground and bent my head in submission.

"Come in."

His deep baritone caused havoc in me.

I entered the room and shut the door behind me.

Alpha Stone went around the table and sat himself down on the seat while I was still looking down a feeling rather awkward and out of place.

"You can look up." He said.

I did and the first thing I noticed was the big painting of a male and female wolf on the wall behind him.

The painting was breathtaking.

It showed the moon, shining oh so brightly, and the black male wolf standing in front of the brown-ish female wolf in a clearing.

"The painting has been here since the beginning of time. Apparently these are the first mates created by the Mood Goddess." I could hear sadness in his voice.

"It's beautiful." I said in awe.

"Hmm. It is. Please take a seat. We have a lot to talk about." He said, pointing towards the seat opposite to him.

I sat down on the plush leather seat and looked up to find the Alpha staring at me.

"Okay. Well, I have been told that you were part of another pack but due to your mate being, excuse my language, a complete douchebag, you ran away. Am I right?"

I stifled a laugh at his choice of words and simply nodded.

"Now, before I can give you permission to be a part of the pack, I must ask you about your previous pack. And the person and incident you are running from."

Apparently Chole just told him about Xavier being a Douchebag. Not the whole story.

My wolf sighed.

This was going to be a long session.

........................

"And so you ran?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I mean, I felt it was pointless to stay in a place where so much has happened. It wasn't just the cheating, my parents died there too and-"

"How did they die? If you don't mind me asking."

"They were Enforcers." I said simply before realising the mistake I'd made.

Some packs were completely against the the Enforcers. They felt, that the Enforcers shouldn't be placed at such a high rank when they aren't even part Alpha, Beta or Gamma. Ego plays an important role too.

Alpha Stone leaned forward, his eyes shining with an emotion I couldn't recognise.

"Enforcers, you say?"

"Yes, Alpha."

"Do you have any training? To be an Enforcer?"

"No, Alpha."

"Would you like to be trained? I have a feeling you'd be a natural." He asked, nearly jumping off his seat.

Weren't Alpha's supposed to be big bad wolves? Am I dreaming?

I hesitated.

"Sure."

Alpha Stone beamed at me and got some paperwork out.

"Sign here, here and here. You are now a part of the pack. Welcome, Anna. I hope you enjoy your stay here." He said, his eyes twinkling.

"Thank You, Alpha Stone!" I smiled so wide I felt as though my cheeks were going to fall off.

"Call me Cade. We might as well be on first name basis. After all, I am going to be the one training you." He smirked.

He showed me the way out and before I could go back home to Chloe, he grabbed my elbow.

"The ritual will be at Midnight. Just the basics. Both our bloods in a bowl and a pack run for the new member."

"Okay!" I smiled at him before going home.

Home.

........................

*Present Day*

"What do you suggest we do?"

They all turned and looked at me, waiting for my reply. I bit my lip as I thought about the pro's and cons of the situation. But as I glanced around the room, all I could see were hopeful expressions on everyone's faces.

The decision was upon me, yet again. I felt the pressure, but kept a cool and relaxed face.

I'd made up my mind.

"Let's do this." I said, grinning as cheers went around the room.

-------------
UNEDITED

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND ENJOY ❤ ❤