Chapter Five (PART ONE)

Clara held on to the cheerful lady's hand as they ran through the halls. Her eyes kept on trying to drink the surroundings in, but with how fast the woman runs, everything becomes a blur. She was surprised she hasn't stumbled considering how clumsy she was. One door, two doors, three doors... Everything became a swoosh of paint in an artist's first hand at expressionism, so Clara kept her head down to ease the dizziness. Her wrist was still in the pretty lady's hand which she thought was warm and soft. Her perfectly manicured nails and smooth scar-free hand was bothering Clara. She believed married women would have rough hands and no red matte polish on them, at least that's what she saw from her hometown. 

Her head bumped on giddy woman's back as they suddenly stopped on a door numbered 049. "Here is your room, little one!" Kaelie squealed. Pretty sure anyone in the other side of the door heard her as the talking suddenly ceased. Now the excitement that Clara felt earlier turned to butterflies in her stomach. Suddenly, the door seemed foreboding. 

"I'm scared," she whispered and tugged on her bunny backpack. The Rhenons family are a very accepting bunch. They just let her do and be anything, of course, not harmful. Her older brother was the only self-conscious of their image but on Clara... He is wrapped around her finger. "My stomach hurts..." Kaelie kneeled, placed her right hand on Clara's head and the other held her hand. With a gentle smile, she said, "Don't worry, hon. The people behind that door is very friendly! If they did, make sure to tell me, okay?" Weirdly, the second sentence was said with a pitch higher.

"Okay..." Clara fiddled with her sleeves and exhaled loudly. Kaelie possibly wants to introduce her as she came closer but seeing Clara's back straighten up and a smile was formed, she stepped back. Clara gave Kaelie one smile before turning the knob.

A/N: Still with little editing here. How's this style? Good? Bad? Stick to POV's?  Tell me your thoughts down below! Check out my wordpress website: https://wrappedinablanketwrites.wordpress.com  Yep, I changed the address.