Chapter Four: Part Two

"I wanna join," Kaelie whispered after shoving her face into the crook of my neck. "No, you can't. We have a lot to work on and help me God, you'll only add to that by tenfold." I continued to hold her down and waited for the tantrum to come. Moments later, she struggled and screamed about how she wanted to join us into the academy. I felt Charlie tapping on the link. When I looked at him, he was pinching the bridge of his nose harshly that I thought blood would follow. 

Let's wait for a moment before he— nevermind. "Shut the fuck up," he bellowed. Kaelie stilled and piled on my lap before tears cascade down her rosy cheeks. She was full of pimple marks back then, always hiding behind a mask and wearing very loose hoodies. A typical low-esteem teenager. After we met her we found a dent in our account and she completely changed. Turns out she bought a lot of natural beauty products with the help of our mischievous little sister. I would be lying if we didn't enjoy it. The broken bed in the garage which we turned into furniture and knick knacks was proof of that.

"Look, just... I can't bring you at work and you know that." Charlie grumbled while scratching his head. He came forward and carried Kaelie out of my lap. They settled on the couch where we made love several times not too far away from where we were. "But why?! Do you love someone else?"

"No, no, no. We just like the thought of you staying here where you'll be safe. What if someone manages to get past the security in the academy and kidnapped you like last time?" I abruptly answered her. I don't want her to have another breakdown. "Look, let's talk about this next time because we're running late. The pups are waiting for you at the nursery." That would definitely change her mind and sure enough, she's running around grabbing stuff toys I didn't know were there and muttering about games for them. 

A/N: Procastinating~~~! I might update maybe tomorrow of a longer chap in the main character's point of view as I'm not still in her headspace. Tell me what you think! Also also lemme remind you guys to make sure to read author's notes not just in my book but with others too!