Happy Birthday, Niki

Niki,

I had already written something out but when you told me about your life, it only seemed right that I rewrite it.

I want to tell you Happy Sweet Sixteen! I hope it's an amazing day for you. Because I know you deserve it.

You have been an amazing friend. I'm so glad we started talking to each other. Without you, my life would be incomplete. And I would be alone.

You've had a rough life. I knew that before but now I understand. It must be hard what you're going through and what you went through but you haven't given up on life. And life hasn't given up on you either.

Because it brought us together.

I get so happy whenever I see that you have messaged me back. It's the highlight of my day. You let me be me. And I can't ever thank you enough for listening to me whenever I talk about something. You're in pain but you listen anyway.

I wish I could take it away: the pain, and everything you've been through in your life that has hurt you. I want to help you so much more than I'm able to. You are my best friend and if anyone messes with you, well they mess with me as well.

You are simply amazing in every possible way. You are perfect. In my eyes, you are winning the fight you're trying so hard to defeat. You haven't given up. You even made me a promise and I know you intend to keep it.

I know this probably isn't the best letter you've ever gotten. I stink at this sort of stuff. But remember that it comes from my heart. No words can describe how much you mean to me.

You ARE the sister I never had. And I will never let you go. No matter what.

I love you with all my heart, sissy.

Happy Birthday.

Love,

Sarah <3