Never trust 5 attractive guys .

Start from the beginning

"What? What's wrong?" Joey stops walking.

I bite my lip, nervous. "I forgot to tell you about a very super important interview with Nina Dobrev at Teen. Alyssa said it was really important."

Joey's voice explodes. "What?!?!" he lets go of my hand. "How could you be so stupid!"

I back away, scared. "I- I'm sorry, I just-"

"This could cost me my job! It could ruin everything!" Joey moves his hands dramatically. "What time was it?" Joey says sternly.

"T-ten," I whimper.

"Really, Aria??" he yells and raises his arm up in the air. I am frozen, paralyzed with fear. He turns his back on me and walks furiously away towards the parking lot.

I barely noticed the tears streaming down my face. I quickly wipe them away, and I'm almost sure Ingrid's makeup has been ruined.

I have never seen this side of Joey before. Never seen him explode like that. And it was all my fault. If only I hadn't forgotten. Will Joey ever forgive me? What if he doesn't? What if he regrets saying that he loves me? What if he stops loving me?

I break down and let out a sob. I plop down in the sand, and bring my knees up to my face. I hide my face in my knees and I just let the tears run.

Joey's screams echoed in my mind. Was he going to hit me? It definitely looked like it.

I hate myself. I hate myself for making Joey so angry.

I wallow in my sadness and just sit on the beach, alone, for at least an hour. I haven't seen anyone pass by.

I hear loud voices laughing and I turn around. A group of 5 attractive shirtless guys are walking towards me. I turn back towards the water and just ignore them.

"Hey there hot stuff," one of them says.

I continue staring at the waves.

"Hey. I'm talking to you." The same voice says.

I stand up, and plan to walk away.

I stutter to a stop when I see the five guys stand in my way.

"Why you here all alone?" Another one with very pretty eyes says.

They all inch closer to me. I take a few step backwards.

"You know a pretty girl like you shouldn't be here all alone." Another guy says.

"Something bad could happen to you." The first one says.

The group gathers around me and I try to squeeze through them, but one of them takes my arm and pulls me back.

"Where you going? The fun is about to start!"

I start to panic. I hit their muscular chests and try to get though them, but I'm enclosed in a circle.

I yelp when they throw me to the ground. They start kicking me, and i scream with every hit. My sides ache with pain.

I feel a hand go up my dress and another pull down the zipper at my side.

I yell at the top of my lungs. I scream and scream and scream. Scream for help. Scream for Joey.

I try to bat them away with my fists, but some hold me down while others try to tug my dress off.

I still struggle all I can, yelling and screaming. I close my eyes.

Then it all stops. I hear yelping and struggling. I spring my eyes open. Luke is throwing his fists at two guys at the same time. I see some of the guys running away, others putting up a fight. Luke manages to hit one in the face, and he stumbles back. The guy wipes his bloody nose and runs to catch up with his group.

Two left. The blonde one punches Luke hard in the stomach, and he gets the air knocked out of him. I want to go up in help him, but I'm still clutching my stomach on the sand, groaning in pain.

"Luke, no!" I weakly yell when he gets punched in the face and stumbles to the floor. The two guys then proceed to kick him.

Another person joins the fight. Jimmy runs up from nowhere and smacks the blonde guy hard in the face. He kicks the guys away from Luke, now groaning in pain on the floor.

Jimmy manages to make the two guys run away. They sprint towards the parking lot and jump into a minivan which instantly takes off the second they close the door.

I'm still laying in the sand, stomach blazing in pain. Luke gets up and wipes the blood away from his nose. He carefully picks me up bridal style. As Luke carries me, Jimmy carefully zips up my dress and pulls the strap back on. I mean to say "thank you" but the words don't come out.

I somehow drift away and the next time I open my eyes, I'm in a car. Ingrid's next to me, Luke next to her. Jimmy's driving and Meghan's in the passenger seat.

"Aria!" Ingrid says when she sees me awake. Everyone turns to see me. "Are you ok?"

"Sort of," I mumble, my voice very tired and groggy from screaming so much.

"We'll talk later, just rest now." Ingrid lets me lay my head on her shoulder.

~

I don't remember the rest of the ride. Or even arriving at Echo Base. But now I awaken on a couch, abdomen aching. The pitch black darkness suggests its probably the middle of the night.

I carefully sit up, and a lamp flashes on. I blink repeatedly as my eyes adjust to the sudden lighting.

Ingrid has her head on Luke's shoulder and he has his arm wrapped around her. They're asleep.

I turn my head to find Joey sitting on a chair, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He gets up immediately.

I quickly stand and Joey catches me as I lose my balance and almost tumble to the ground. He takes me into a tight hug, burying his face in my hair.

"I'm so sorry." he whispers.

"Joey..." I quietly say before tears start streaming. I sniffle and try to wipe them away.

"Are you ok?" Joey talks into my hair.

"Meh." I say. "I'm meh."

"Words cannot describe how sorry I am." Joey hold me tighter.

"What did happen at Teen?" I question.

"They didn't fire me. They just got Cat for the interview. Got a warning, but didn't get into too much trouble."

"I'm sorry too." My sleepy brain makes my words slur together.

"Don't be. Everyone forgets things. Plus, I would have spent less time with you."

I weakly smile. "Thanks."

Joey sits first and gently brings me down next to him. He lays down and I squeeze next to him on the couch. I rest my head on Joey's chest. I can sleep in peace now, now that I know Joey has forgiven me. I quickly fall into deep sleep.