Dissapointment

I wake to a heavenly sight. Joey has his eyes open, staring into mine. He has a strand of my light brown hair in his hand.

"'Morning sunshine," he groggily says with a smile.

"Good morning," I'm surprised at my morning voice and instantly cover my mouth with my hand. Joey laughs.

"C'mon get up, we're going to have some fun today." Joey takes my hand and drags me out of bed. "Get yourself all ready for the day." he hurries me to the bathroom.

"Tell me where we're going!" I stand inches away from his face again.

"It's a surprise." he puts a finger on my nose.

"I love surprises," I smile, and mess up his morning hair up even more.

I close the bathroom door and get ready for the day, thinking of where I was being taken. I get dressed in there, and apply tinted moisturizer. That's all.

I step out of the bathroom to find Joey vlogging. "Oh." I abruptly stop. "Well this is embarrassing." I say.

"You know Aria. She's staying at my house for now, she doesn't have a place to stay."

"Yup, believe it or not, Joey's being nice for once."

He laughs, "Rude!"

I mess up his hair one more time and Joey stops recording. He heads towards the bathroom.

"Don't take hours in there," I warn.

"I'll take my time,"

~

Joey ended up taking quite a while on his hair. After we were all ready, we hopped into Satsuki.

"Why hello there everyone," Joey says in his grandfather voice as he records himself. "Look who we got! It's Aria again!"

"Hello there!" I smile and wave.

"Im taking her to a special place that she does not know of!" Joey gets excited.

"You're not kidnapping me, are you?" I question.

"Pssshhh nooo, not at all." and he stops recording.

"What are you telling them for the complete disappearance of you, Luke, and Ingrid for three days?" I finally ask the question that's been bugging me.

"I told them it was personal issues." Joey says.

"Very convincing." I say sarcastically, and mindlessly stare out the window.

~

"I knew it." I say as we arrive at 3rd street promenade.

Joey loops his arm in mine and we begin our shopping journey.

~

About two hours later, we're sitting outside a small restaurant happily enjoying our warm soups. They taste extra good in this cold gloomy weather.

Joey whips out his vlogging camera, "Hey guys, me and Aria are having some soup right now!" he moves the camera to me and I wave with a smile.

"Bought some stuff from Superdry! Hooray! I'll probably show it when I get home. So Aria, how has your day been?"

Joey catches me off guard, in the middle of a mouthful of soup. I quickly swallow, "Pretty good! Spending it with good ol' Joey here," I playfully put my arm on his shoulder and pat his back.

"Well my day's been wonderful spending it with you too!" he then pats my back and we laugh as he stops recording. I can't tell if he was joking or serious. Either way, a warm feeling explodes in my chest.

I go back to my soup, thoughtfully munching every bite as Joey talks about a new anime he's been watching that I particularly don't like. Don't get me wrong, I love anime, just not that one.

"Did you feel that or was it just me?" Joey suddenly asks.

I feel my face warm up. "Feel what?" I manage to say.

"The rain," he says, looking around.

Oh. Just the rain. "Yup," I lie. I hadn't been paying attention, but now I look up and feel the light drizzle. Great. I didn't bring a jacket. I shudder, "We should go."

"Yeah, let's go," Joey says, picking up his bowl.

We head back into the main dining area of the restaurant. Joey pays for our soups and by the time we reach the door, the drizzle has turned into full-on sheets of continuous rain.

"Great." I say, shuddering once again.

"Let's make a run for it," Joey says, smiling. "You cold? Here, take my jacket," he takes off his blue letterman jacket.

My initial response is, "Oh no, you don't need to," but I defiantly could use a jacket right now.

"I don't mind, here," Joey puts the jacket on me

I could tell the jacket looks huge on me by the way Joey laughs. I frown. "What? Does it really look that bad?"

"No, it doesn't look bad, you look....cute." Joey smiles.

I'm too cold to blush, but I still get that warm feeling. I smile, and end up laughing, "Let's go!"

He takes my hand and opens the restaurant door. The wind smacks us in the face and we get sprayed by water. Joey puts his arm around me and pulls me close to him. We sprint quickly through the rain, laughing.

By the time we are halfway to the parking area, we are completely soaked. I stop and set down the stuff we bought under a random vendor's station. I spin around in the rain. We're already drenched, might as well have some fun!

Joey takes my hands and we spin around in the rain. We end up splashing in the puddles, and running around with our arms open. We get weird looks from the people inside the stores, but who cares?

Joey agrees to my idea and we end up running towards each other in slow motion and Joey catches me, very cliché like. I laugh, as Joey spins me high up in the air. He suddenly stops spinning when he holds me high enough that we're the same height.

I stare into his eyes, taking in the beautiful sight. The rain pouring down, Joey's wet hair, his eyes gleaming with happiness, smiling into mine. I could stay like this forever.

I touch the back of his head, ruffling up his soaking wet hair. We never break eye contact. I stare at his lips, and he smiles. I close my eyes.

"Um...excuse me?" An unknown voice says.

I blink back into reality, and realize nothing happened. Disappointment fills my body, and Joey sets me down carefully.

"You can't be running around here," the voice says again. When I look, it's a middle aged man with "Security" written on his shirt holding an umbrella.

"Sorry, we'll leave now," Joey says, taking my hand and picking up the stuff we bought.

The security guard nods once and we start walking back to Satsuki.

Once we finish wringing our clothes and hair out to the point that we aren't dropping, we hop into Satsuki.

"Well that was fun." I say, as we plop down into our seats.

Joey laughs, "Yeah it was."