○Two○

Bellamy

Camp Jaha. They had named the camp after the chancellor I had tried to kill. Kane told Finn and I that Theloneus Jaha had stayed on the Ark to get his people to the ground.

Alpha station dug into the soil painting an image of how it had crashed and buried itself to a stop.

People shuffled around grabbing materials to build a fence. Others milled around eating, resting, waiting for medical attention. Guards patrolled the perimeter with guns and batons, a few helping with the fence.

I followed Abby and the guards into the station to a medical room.

Eden, Raven and Murphy each were stationed somewhere on their stretchers. Murphy sat up asking questions immediately; Raven propped herself up looking on the verge of passing out; and Eden lay unconscious.

"Jackson is going to look after you, Murphy. Raven, I'm going to wait and see if the bullet stabilises before anything else. Meanwhile, I need to work on Eden." Abby reeled off hastily, trying to get started on Eden.

"Where do you want me?" I asked.

"Not in here." Kane strolled in. "You've been put under arrest. That doesn't mean you're free to do as you please."

Abby stepped in, "I need Bellamy here for a blood transfusion for Eden. I don't have time to find somebody else."

"Fine. When he's done, send him back to the guards."

Abby nodded. "He's going to need his hands."

The zip-tie around my wrists were cut.

Abby asked the guards to move Eden onto a metal table before they left with Kane.

"You can take your jacket from Eden, and help me get her cloak and top completely off. I need to remove the catheter, clean away the blood, then check and stitch the wound."

We moved together discarding Eden's grounder outfit, I wondered what happened to her normal clothes. Murphy came back wearing his own clothing, so what exactly did they do to Eden?

Abby offered me a cloth and motioned to a small pan of water. "You clean her face and I'll clean and disinfect her body."

I took great care in my actions almost, afraid to hurt her or wake her up. After what happened at our old camp, I didn't know how Eden would react to anything or anyone. She had looked terrified.

"Oh my!" I heard Abby gasp.

Quick to look at her, I saw horror on her face staring back at me. "What?"

She looked down and my eyes followed.

A large slit below Eden's chest revealed where the sword hand plunged through her. Trails of blood kept leaking from it and trickling over huge, dark purple bruises that splattered over her ribs and abdomen. Shallow cuts also revealed themselves in random places. A fraction below Eden's sword wound, you could see where Murphy stabbed her and how the Grounders had sort of healed it.

"Is this where Murphy stabbed her?" Abby placed her fingers there.

"Yes. The Grounders treated it."

"Why didn't Clarke? Why would these Grounders heal an enemy?"

"We- I banished Eden because of lies Murphy told. None of us had realised Murphy had stabbed her, we were too focused on trying to catch him. Then, we found out Grounders had taken Eden― that's where all the bruises and cuts are from. The Grounders tortured her."

"You're going to have to explain everything in detail, later on. For now let's check her back."

I circled round the metal bench and helped roll Eden onto her side. The same mortified expression we wore before returned, as Abby cleaned the blood from Eden's back.