Prologue

August 19, 2011

Andrea now knew what heartbreak was like.  She was crying her eyes out into her best friend's shoulder who was also barely keeping it together, but she knew she had to be strong for Andrea.

"Let it all out hun, let it all out." Jade rubbed Andrea's back when all of sudden a voice of a man in an X-Factor shirt called out, causing everyone to perk up.

"I've got 5 names on this list that I'm just gonna readout...uh...Jesy Nelson," Andrea and Jade looked over at Jesy, a nice girl that was removed from their group, "Perrie Edwards," a blond walked toward the man, "Andrea Aguero," Jade let go of Andrea and watched the brunette walk away, Andrea nervously glanced back at Jade, "Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock." Jade instinctively grabbed Andrea's hand and so did Leigh-Anne, a girl from their group  "The judges have asked me to fetch you, they would like to see you on the stage."

The 5 girls were led up to the stage, Jade, Andrea, and Leigh-Anne holding hands in front of Perrie and Jesy who were also holding each other's hands.  Once they finally made it up the stairs, the walked to the middle of the stage and nervously looked at the judged who just smiled and whispered.  Andrea gripped Jade's hand tighter.

"Hello, ladies.  You're probably wondering what you're doing up here, huh?" Kelly started as the 5 girls nodded in agreement, "We truly feel like the 4 of you could bring something special to this competition." Andrea gasped and looked at the other girls who were also in shock, "Do you think you guys could work together?" Kelly asked.

Andrea scanned over the girls another time, making eye contact with each one before nodding and whispering a 'yes' under her breath.  The other girls did the same, all of them on the verge of tears.  Kelly screamed and yelled in excitement before the girls engulfed each other in a giant group hug, sobbing and laughing loudly.  After the news, they ran down the steps to meet the host, Dermot O'Leary.

"Group hug?  New group hug?" he asked.

"Let's do it!" All the girls chorused at the same time, wrapping their arms around each other.  Afterward, they began to walk off set.

"I can't wrap my head around it!" Leigh-Anne yelled.

"Oh my god we're moving on, I can't believe it!" Jesy cheered causing Andrea to giggle.

"Well, I think most of us know each other but I'm Perrie from South Shields." the blond said.

"Well I'm Andrea, people call me Andi.  She's Jade," Andrea pointed at the brunette next to her, "and we're best friends from South Shields too!" Andrea said cheerily.

"I'm Leigh-Anne-"

"AND I'M JESY!" Jesy shouted making all the girls laugh.

"I already love you girls." Jade sighed.

December 11, 2011

"The nation has voted and I'm about to reveal the winner of the X-Factor 2011." Dermot started, Little Mix gathered around Tulisa on the stage and Marcus next to Gary Barlow on the other side, "From the thousands that applied, it's all come down to this.  Good luck to Marcus, good luck to Little Mix.  I can now reveal, the winner of the X-Factor 2011 is..." there were several seconds of suspenseful music, 18 to be exact before..."LITTLE MIX!" Dermot yelled causing the crowd to erupt into cheers and the girls and Tulisa to jump and squeal in excitement before eventually ending up in a group hug and finally hugging Marcus before they were grilled with questions by Dermot.

Later that evening

The girls were walking back to their hotel rooms where they would be spending the night after partying for a while with friends and family.

"WE WON THE X-FACTOR!" Andrea screamed.

"Wow Andi, thanks for letting the whole hotel know!" Leigh-Anne said sarcastically, yet a smile still plastered on her face.

"Everyone in this hotel should know!"Andrea added as the 5 girls arrived at the doorstep of Andrea and Perrie's room, Leigh, Jade's and Jesy's was just down the hall.

"Goodnight girls!" Jade said, hugging each and every girl, Andrea doing the same.

"Love you lots!" Andrea added.

"Love you too!" the other three members chorused before walking to their room, Andrea and Jade doing the same.  After changing out of their pajamas, Andrea sat on her bed, thinking about the day's events.

"Hey." Jade said, climbing on top of Andrea's bed even though she had her own.

"Hey." Andrea replied with a smile.

"I uh...wanted to give you this." Jade said, handing her a small rectangular box, "It's a winning present...it wasn't originally meant to be, just a present to give you at the end of this to symbolize our friendship, win or lose.  In this case win." Jade smiled back at Andrea who opened the box and gasped to see a beautiful necklace inside.

(Just the right half is in the box)

"Jadey!  It's beautiful!  Where's the other half?" Andrea asked as Jade pulled the other half out from under her shirt

"Jadey!  It's beautiful!  Where's the other half?" Andrea asked as Jade pulled the other half out from under her shirt.  They two put both halves of the necklaces together.  "Thank you, Jade, it's the best gift I've ever gotten." Andrea complimented.

"Really?  Better than the car your mam got you?" Jade quirked an eyebrow at Andrea.

"Yes, better than a car because it means so much more than just a necklace.  It's proof of our inseparable bond.  So inseparable I'm never going to take it off...ever." Andrea replied.

"I'll never take it off either." Jade responded.  

The two kept their promise.  Even 8 years later.