The forshadowing evil

There was once a time where the kingdom of Wellandwas a happy place. King David and his wife, Queen Helen were loved by all their people. Their Son Harrison had just had his 4th birthday and had the Queen had just given birth to the new Prince, Steve. His presentation ceremony shared with the people of Welland. But the happiness of Welland didn't last very long, for on the night of Steves presentation, something evil took hold of the castle.
"Sire, all our defences are down!"
"We must prepare ourselves. Get the children somewhere safe." King David told his Knight, Smithford. "I shall stand with you to defend my castle and family."
But before the knight had gone to do his duty, he collapsed, surrounded in red smoke.
"King David..." A voice whispered, dragging out his name "we meet at last"
"In order to meet, you must show yourself! Do not be cowardly now."
The voice chuckled "such a temper, where are your manners 'Your majesty?'"
The King drew his sword "Show yourself!"
"Oh, you already know what I look like" the voice said, getting louder as the red smoke formed a ball shape, heading for King David's mind "I just needed to get into my form"
"No!" He falling to his knees "you will never get away with this..." he trailed off, loosing all strength.
"Oh but I have" the voice said after a long pause, the voice was now King David's.
Evil laughter filled the entire castle.
King David clicked his fingers and his Knight sprang up. "Bring me the family."
Then airing seemed like an eternity to him, but the knight finally returned. Queen Helen, Harrison and baby Steve in tow.
"Papa! You're okay, Mama said there was a threat!"
"Mm.. Oh yes, you will be of great use for me boy!"
"David? What are you-"
"Silence!" He yelled, causing Steve to burst into a cry. "The little one..not so much, Smithfird?"
"Yes Sire?"
"Drown him in the seas"
Helen gasped "no! You can't! He's our son David!"
"I said silence!"
"I will not let you drown our poor baby!"
"Kill her." He whispered darkly to his knight.
"Mama!" Cried Harrison, before King David flicked his fingers, engulfing the boy under his spell.
"I don't know who you are, but you are not my David!" Helen said, in tears as the knight drew his sword "but Steve will be protected." She said, speaking her final words.
"I am your King!" David shouted as he walked on the balcony. "And you will bow to me!"
Later that day, Smithford took little Steve all wrapped up in his blanket, down to the ocean. Something strange happened then. Perhaps Smithford knew in his heart he couldn't drown a baby, or perhaps it was the Queens last words coming true. But baby Steve was not drowned that day. Nor any other...