Chapter 11

Hunter

She turned and walked away. I was frozen . . . Is she serious?

This day was not going the way I excepted it to. She was supposed to give up . . . give in. Realize we weren't good for each other and want to move away from me, from all of this.

Instead, she broke me down. Something about being around her, being near her made me want to protect her, possess her . . . keep her for me and me alone. I cared for her, I didn't want to hurt her and she got me to admit all of that.

And that pissed me off because I didn't want to admit it . . . I wasn't ready to admit it to myself let alone say it out loud. This wasn't what I wanted! I didn't want to play the part of a mate. I barely wanted to play the part of an Alpha. Yes, the power of being an Alpha was fun and exciting, but I didn't want all the responsibility.

Maya was ready for that responsibility. Roark was ready for the responsibility of being Beta. I don't think I will ever be ready to take on the responsibility of being an Alpha, but for now, I could at least do the right thing.

I would not have sex with Maya . . . no matter how sexy she was. I was not even in the mood anymore. I was so confused about what I wanted and if I was confused I was not going to act. It didn't matter that the idea of her in my bed had me feeling a certain type of way.

I knew if I went in there now and actually had sex with her then it would be more than just sex. She might be ready for that, but I was not. Sex had always been something physical to me . . . not something emotional, and I was not ready to know how that would change it. That uncertainty made me very uncomfortable.

Finally, I grabbed her things from last night off the coffee table and then walked into the bedroom.

She was standing there facing away from the door. Slowly she turned towards me. There was an obvious vulnerability in her eyes. She knew she was taking a big risk here, but I could also see the conviction in her eyes. She wanted to make this mistake, no matter the consequences.

"Get dressed," I said tossing her clothes on the bed, "We are going back to the pack house."

She stared at me shocked. She looked as if I had slapped her across the face. Her eyes looked at her clothes and then back up at me, "What? No," She shook her head crossing her arms over her chest.

I laughed, without humor, at her stubbornness. She really thought she could fight me? "Get dressed or don't get dressed. We are going back to the pack house, now," I turned my back on her and walked out of the room to give her privacy.

"You're serious?" She followed me out of the room, "I am not going back."

I turned back to her and she ran into my chest, shocked by my sudden stop, "Yes you are. I can't do this. I can't have you here anymore. You are going back to the pack house and I am taking you," I growled at her, meeting her stubborn eyes.

"No," She growled right back.

"Have it your way," I shrugged

Her jaw dropped, confused by my sudden compliance. before she could even comprehend what was going on, I grabbed her, draping her over my shoulder and walked back into the bedroom grabbing her clothes.

"Hey! Put me down!" She hit my back with her fists. I could tell she was putting effort behind it, and it was quickly getting annoying.

"I will," I said as I grabbed my keys and walked out to the truck.

"Hunter put me down now! You can't treat me like this!" She demanded, still trying to fight to get out of my grip.

I threw her down into the passenger seat and she huffed, quickly flinging her hair out of her face to glare at me.