01. prologue

"but underneath all i plan to do, to do is break you."

vincent pov.

xxx

skeppy and badboyhalo are fighting.

it wasn't just some petty argument about skeppy's trolling this time. this time, it was... actually bad. the two were actually going at each other's throats.

i had been idly sitting in the background like an idiot for about ten minutes as they barked insults at each other without remorse, contemplating rather or not to step in and stop their bickering before it damaged their friendships. of course, stepping in would be incredibly awkward, so i let the idea of just waiting it out pass through my mind.

"zak, why can't you get it through your head? i said stop!" darryl shouted, the audio becoming slightly distorted at its volume.

"no! they deserve to know what you are!"

"it's not true! can you stop spreading false rumours about me on your twitter?"

there was a dreadful silence for a few moments until the sound of a keyboard typing erupted from zak's microphone.

"what are you typing now?!" darryl raised his voice in frustration.

suddenly, a notification showed up in the corner of my screen.

skeppy
badboyhalo is homophobic

darryl's response was delayed, but as soon as he saw the tweet, i could tell it hit him like a bullet. his voice was a mixture of rage, betrayal and genuine sorrow that zak had the audacity to call him out of something he didn't have proof of.

"stop!"

"no. i know you're just trying to keep it in because you're afraid of what your fans will say. you disgust me." zak spoke in a monotone voice.

"then you don't know me at all."

buddy has disconnected from your channel.

that was the moment i realized i should have stepped in. now their entire friendship had just gone to waste, all because i was too stubborn to step in and try to settle it out.

"why did he leave?" zak asked, confusion causing his voice to crack.

"well skeppy, you're basically calling him out on all of your platforms on how he's homophobic, all because of something technoblade told you. you didn't even have proof of it, yet you went slandering him all over."

there was no noise coming from zak, but i could faintly hear his breathing. in. out. but over time it began to quicken.

"he blocked me."

"well, obviously." i emotionlessly responded, not caring.

"no, i'm serious. he blocked me on twitter, instagram, snapchat. he blocked my number... shit, what have i done, dude?" zak whimpered, panic spiking in his tone.

"i'm sure he'll come around, zak."

it went mute for a minute or two, but the silence became eerie, and i longed to hear his voice again.

muffled sobs came from zak's microphone. it wasn't his fake crying he would use to make darryl guilty; they were real cries.

"bud, you okay?" i asked but he didn't reply to me, instead he sniffled and began muttering apologies to nobody in particular.

"darryl, i'm sorry."

"i'm sorry."

xxx

*unedited, mind the mistakes.

posted: 08/20/2019
word count: 523

feedback is appreciated!