"Sawyer  come  on,  I─" 

I  suddenly  feel  the  need  to  stop  myself  in  mid  sentence,  and  I  all  of  a  sudden  don't  want  her  to  go  home  anymore.  And  start  thinking  stuff  completely  different. 

Sawyer  is  staring  at  me  deeply. 

I  now  suddenly  feel  the  urge  to  go  to  the  hospital.  I  don't  know  why,  but  now  I  feel,  or  maybe  even  know,  that  no  one  will  recognize  me  if  I  go.

Now  I  all  of  a  sudden  think  that  I  will  be  completely  safe,  and  no  one  will  catch  me. 

"You  want  to  go  to  the  doctor."  says  Sawyer  in  a  monotone  voice. 

My  mind  marks  those  words,  and  is  repeated  into  my  thoughts,  and  I  now  want  to  go  to  the  doctor.

"Okay  Sawyer...  let's  go."  I  weirdly  say.  She  nods,  not  looking  surprised  that  I  somehow  changed  my  mind.  And  now  I'm  walking  beside  her. 

Why  did  I  change  my  mind  that  fast?  It's  like  something  convinced  it  and  controlled  it. 

Weird... 

*  *  * 

I  don't  know  what  made  me  want  to  come  in,  or  even  change  my  mind.  Sawyer's  been  in  the  waiting  room.  It  seems  like  people  haven't  been  recognizing  me  ever  since  I  walked  in  here. 

One  person  even  started  to  say  something  like,  "Hey  are  you─",  but  then  they  stopped  and  just  smiled  at  me,  and  Sawyer  acted  like  it  was  nothing,  or  even  weird. 

She's  definitely  not  the  person  I  expected  her  to  be  the  first  time  I  saw  her.  She's  whiny  and  demanding  and  incredibly  tenacious,  and  I don't  understand  that  because  I've  only  known  her  for  a  few  days,  and  she  acts  that  way  towards  a  stranger?

That's  when  the  doctor  comes  in,  carrying  paperwork,  and  a  weird  black,  soft  looking  boot.  She  looks  at  me  smiling. 

"Well?"  I  ask. 

"Good  news.  Despite  your  limping  and  pain,  it's  a  small  fracture  in  the  tibia  and  a  spain  on  the  ankle  only.  All  you'll  need  is  a  boot  for  a  few  weeks,  and  then   you'll  be  out  of  here."  she  says.  I  nod. 

"I  don't  have  the  money  for  this."  I  say.  She  shakes  her  head. 

"There's  no  paying  for  a  boot  in  this  hospital,"  she  says.  Oh.  Well  that's  odd.  "What  did  you  do  to  your  leg  in  the  first  place?"

I  look  up  at  her. 

Oh  right... 

"I  fell  down  the  stairs  at  my  house."  I  lie.  The  doctor  looks  at  me  weirdly,  as  she  takes  the  ice  packs  off  my  leg  an  starts  to  wrap  bandages  around  my  ankle  to  around  my  foot. 

"Must've  been  a  hard  fall  for  a  fracture  and  a  sprain.  Must  be  pretty  high  steps."  says  the  doctor. 

"Yeah."  I  mutter. 

"You  must  be  very  clumsy."  says  the  doctor  finishing  up  the  bandaging.  I  give  her  a  look  for  saying  that. 

"Um..."  I  mutter.  The  doctor  snickers,  getting  the  boot  out,  and  setting  my  foot  inside.