28 - Eli

Sawyer  has  had  my  arm  slinged  around  her  shoulder  for  almost  an  hour  trying  to  get  back  up  to  my  house.  We're  close  now,  but  right  now,  I'm  honestly  pretty  freaked  out  by  Sawyer. 

She  told  me  not  to  move,  and  be  quiet,  and  it  looked  like  the  police  didn't  even  see  us!  Like  she  somehow  pulled  some  trick  on  them  to  make  us  think  we're  not  there?

I  haven't  asked  her  any  questions  on  the  way  here,  because  what  she  did  is  awesome  and  spooky  and  magical  at  the  same  time  and... 

Wait  a  second... 

"Okay,  here  we  are."  says  Sawyer.  We've  arrived  at  the  back  of  my  home,  seeing  the  ledge  and  the  hidden  stepds.  I  take  my  arm  off  her  shoulder  positioning  my  bad  leg  off  of  the  ground.

"Thanks  for  getting  me  home.  You  can  go  home  now."  I  say.  Her  eyes  give  me  a  look. 

"No  way,  I  have  to  treat  that  leg  if  you  won't  go  to  the  doctor."  she  says.  I  scoff,  already  getting  annoyed  with  her.

"I  can  treat  it  myself!  I'm  sure  I  can  figure  it  out."  I  say. 

"Really?  Even  when  you've  done  nothing  for  it  for  the  past  two  days?"  says  Sawyer.

"Since  when  do  you  know  medical  related  incidents,  Sawyer?"  I  ask.  She  waves  her  hands  around,  telling  me  she  doesn't  know  what  to  say  at  first. 

"I  mean...  I  don't.  But...  I  have...  I'll  know  what  to  do."  she  says. 

"You'll  know  what  to  do,  even  though  you  literally  just  told  be  you  don't  know  this  stuff."  I  say.  Sawyer  sighs  annoyed  and  her  eyes  roll.

"Listen!  It's  hard  to  explain,  especially  when  you  don't  understand  it,  but  I  have......  this...  talent...  that  helps  me  know  things  when  I've  had  no  experience.  It's...  something...  I've  always  been  able  to  do."  says  Sawyer. 

That...  literally  makes  no  sense. 

"But  Eli...  sometimes  you  just  have  to  accept  the  only  options  you  have.  You  know  sometimes  you  can  be  in  shark  infested  waters  and  your  options  aren't  just  to  sit  there,  because  you  won't  get  anywhere!  You  have  to  swim!  If  you  don't  wanna  lose  your  leg,  or  maybe  even...  die  from  it...  your  only  option  is...  the  hospital."  says  Sawyer. 

I  stare  at  her. 

I  mean,  it  would  suck  to  lose  my  leg  or  even  die. 

"You  won't  get  recognized  by  anyone.  I  promise."  she  says.  I  sigh,  giving  her  a  look. 

"That's  not  something  to  promise,  because  they  will.  Here  in  this  city,  I'm  famous  for  being  a  criminal.  There  are  pictures  of  me  hung  up  on  bulletin  boards  in  pretty  much  every  building,  telling  everyone  that  I'm  wanted  from  the  police.  They  will  recognize  me."  I  say. 

"No  they  won't.  You're  gonna  be  fine.  Okay?  They're  not  gonna  recognize  you."  says  Sawyer. 

"Listen  Sawyer.  There's  nothing  you  can  do  to  make  me  go  to  the  hospital.  Now  please.  I'm  not  asking.  Go  home."  I  say.  She  makes  a  thinking  face,  clearly  by  the  look  of  her  eyes,  since  a  lot  of  her  face  is  covered  from  the  weird  mask,  and  then  looks  at  me.