p.m. | pretty girl ✯

y/n

i looked myself in the mirror one more time. making sure i looked perfect. i had on a short sleeved black shirt with thin red and white stripes. i topped it off with a denim overall skirt and wore a beanie. why am i dressed up? i'm going to hang out with payton today! it's probably just a regular hang out tho. usually we would just hang at his house to play video games and skateboard. i really like payton though and all the girls he follows wear... i don't know, girly shit?

"y/n? you ready?" my mom asks from downstairs. i sigh and grab my things ready to leave. i hope he likes my outfit. i hope he likes me. i walk downstairs and my mom looks at me as she grabs her keys. "i thought you and payton were just hanging out?" she asks. shit, am i over dressed? no it's fine, he'll like it. "yea we are, i just wanna try something new you know." i say as we walk out to the car. the whole ride consisted of me jamming out to all the songs on my playlist as my mom looked at me weirdly.

i knocked on his door and his mom opened it. "y/n! it's nice to see you again!" she embraces me in a hug and i hug back. "hey joanne! it's nice to see you too." we pull away and she smiles at me. "payton's in his room as always. if you need anything feel free to ask me." i nod as she let's me inside. i walk to his room and pace myself for whats about to come. will he like it? what will he say? i want pizza.

i knock on his door and he quickly opens it. he looks at me up and down what a confused face. "n/n? why are you so dressed up?" shit. he doesn't like it. why did i even try. "i just wanted to try something new?" i say more of a question. i awkwardly laugh and place my hand on the back of my neck. "don't get me wrong i like it and all but who are you trying to impress? we're just gonna eat pizza and play some games."

i compare our outfits and realize a huge difference. he stands there with black sweatpants and no shirt on. i look like i'm about to go to a meet up with a bunch of friends and he looks about ready for bed. i sigh.

"i just wanted to impress you. i kinda like you and all the girls you follow and stuff wear things like this so i wanted to see what would happen if i wore it." i look down afraid of his reaction. "n/n, you don't have to change anything about you for me. i must say that i love you for who you are, not what you look like." i look him in the eyes and smile.

"do you want my hoodie now?" he let's me in his room. "hmm... yeah you know it."

(a/n: sorry its short i just thought it was cute :D)