95. Friends reunited.

Start from the beginning

"Ricciardo?" He looked a little surprised.

"Yeah." She replied, she saw his jaw tighten and felt the car accelerate a little more aggressively as they left the car park and got out onto the road. "He owns a place up in the hills, I bumped into him when I'd been running on the beach."

"I see." Seb couldn't stop the jealous, possessive feeling from unfurling in his stomach, he hated the thought of another man getting their hands on Chloe, especially Daniel, a man who she would more than likely see at the next race weekend. He knew there was nothing he could do if she wanted to start dating him, she was a single woman now. He was going to have to be very careful with how he acted and what he said, he didn't want to push her away or cause a row but at the same time he knew he'd be having a quiet word with the Australian in Spa to let him know that Chloe was very much off limits. Sensing his change of mood she leaned forward and turned the car stereo on, she watched the screen in the centre console as it reconnected to his iPhone so she hit play, curious to see what he'd been listening to - music from his years at Red Bull? Interesting.

"I didn't realise that I needed someone to talk to until I saw him." She said wanting to try and explain that she hadn't been doing what Seb was now obviously thinking, judging by his thunderous expression. She rolled her eyes; he had no right to be jealous, she could have slept with Daniel if she'd wanted to and there was nothing he could have done about it. "He let me talk and then we just hung out together and spent some time with his friends."

"You was with him the other night?" He asked, his voice a little more tense than he meant to sound as he wondered if she'd spent any nights with him, in his bed.

"I wasn't with him but I was at his villa, a lot of us were. Don't do this Seb." She folded her arms across her chest. "You're hardly in a position to think that me spending time with another man is wrong." She heard him let out a sigh as they came to a stop at a set of traffic lights.

"I'm sorry, you're right." He looked at her. "I just can't bare the thought of you with someone else."

"I can't bare the thought of you with someone else either, but it's happened. Twice." She blurted out the words before she could stop herself, then closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, this wasn't doing either of them any good. She opened her eyes again as she felt the car move away from the lights and she turned her head to look at him, he looked hurt. They were never going to move forward properly if she kept doing this. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have....."

"It's fine, it's true isn't it." He shrugged his shoulders and they fell into an awkward silence that ended with her falling asleep for the rest of the journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming to a stop outside his home, and beside the Portofino, he switched off the engine, removed his seatbelt and turned to look at Chloe. She was still asleep with her head turned towards him and she was breathing deeply with her hands lightly clutching the skirt of her black maxi dress. He smiled wryly at the fact that they were both wearing black and unintentionally colour coordinated, no doubt she would have made some witty comment about them looking too 'matchy matchy' if they'd been together and the thought made his smile quickly fade.
"My sleeping beauty." He whispered as he rose his hand and delicately stroked her face. "I love you so much, it's killing me, us not being together." Her eyes fluttered open as and immediately looked into his as she felt his touch on her face. He retracted his hand and felt his face heat up as he blushed, wondering if she'd heard his words. "Welcome home." He murmured softly. "I love you."

"Seb....." She swallowed, her eyes filled with tears, she loved him too and she wanted to say it but she couldn't.

"I know, I know." He sat back in his seat. "You can't say it back to me, but I'm still going to say it to you, every single day." She gave him a hint of a smile and got out of the car, walked to the boot and then stood waiting for him to open it. He sighed before getting out himself and opening the boot, she didn't seem to have noticed the shiny red car next to them as he lifted her case out and put it on the ground. She grabbed her hand luggage and walked straight to the front door without giving the car so much as a glance until he got to the door and unlocked it to let her in.