56. Uneventful Baku?

Chloe let out a loud sigh and rolled on to her side in bed. She closed her eyes, willing herself to fall asleep. After a few minutes she then rolled on to her stomach, and then on to her back. More time passed. This was getting ridiculous. She grabbed her phone from under her pillow and sat up, pressing the button on the side to check the time; 1.15am. She yawned, she was tired. She was really tired and she felt stupidly anxious, her pre-race nerves had already kicked in and was keeping her awake. She groaned in frustration, opened her messages and typed a quick message to Seb asking if he was awake. His quick reply told her that he was and that if she wanted to come to his room she could. She got out of bed, slipped on a t-shirt and some pyjama shorts and grabbed his spare room card along with her own. She hesitated at the door for a moment before opening it and stepping out. Seb lay in bed in his hotel suite listening out for the sound of the door opening. Sure enough after a couple more minutes he heard the door open and shut. He reached out to switch the lamp on just as she appeared in the doorway of his bedroom.
"Cant sleep?" He asked as she walked up to the bed.

"No, can I stay in your bed with you?" She knew he'd be able to make her feel better.

"Liebe you don't even have to ask." He lifted the duvet and she smiled and got in beside him. "I'll always be happy to have you in my bed, you know that." He put his arm out in an invitation for her to cuddle up to him which she took, rolling on to her side to face him as she moved across to cuddle up. He reached out to the other side to switch the lamp off.

"I'm so tired." She mumbled as he pressed a kiss to her head. "And I feel ridiculously anxious and I've no idea why." She placed her hand on his chest and he placed his on top and then lifted her hand to his lips.

"Just relax and stop thinking about the race. You've no need to worry." He put her hand back on his chest but kept hold of it.

"I know, but I'm not usually this bad." She lifted her head.

"This is your fourth race, you don't need to get so wound up." He smiled as he felt her nestle into his side. Tonight was the first night since they'd been here that she had come and got into his bed. After their date on Thursday she had gone to her own room after having a late drink in the hotel bar with him, leaving him feeling very sexually frustrated. But, he'd said he would give her time, and he wanted to do the dating thing so he knew he'd just have to be patient. Unfortunately for him that was one thing he wasn't good at.

"Seb?" She lifted her head again.

"Hmm?" He was feeling a little sleepy now. He felt her move, what was she up to? She pressed her lips to his cheek, it made him close his eyes, happiness erupted inside him, this was one of those moments he'd been waiting for. Her body was now pressed against him. She then pressed her lips to his and he instantly responded. His heart started to beat faster as his stomach flipped with excitement and his body came alive as he returned her kiss with his own. It was a gentle kiss, as though she was kissing him for the first time and was trying it to see how good it felt. He brushed his fingers through her hair as her kiss grew a little more urgent. All too soon she pulled away and settled back down, nestling into his side again. He felt her body relax, it was as though she'd really needed his kiss and now she'd had it she felt satisfied.

"Night Seb." She murmured.

"Ich liebe dich." He pressed another kiss to her head as he felt her starting to doze.

                                 ~*~

"Bit of a quiet one, hey Antti." She looked at the Finn as they stood waiting for Seb to come down from the podium, he'd finished third after a pretty uneventful race.

"Yeah." He gave her a one worded reply, he looked miserable.

"Antti, I'm really sorry for, you know, for everything. I wish you didn't have to go."