62. A challenging start to Monaco. Pt 2.

Leonie had been taken straight upstairs to bed by her relieved family as soon as they'd got in, their hushed voices and the fact they'd all gone up togther made Antti wonder if something had happened while they were out. A worried frown crossed his face when he realised that he hadn't seen Chloe come in with them. He was about to go outside and check when he heard the door open and shut quietly. He watched, anxiously, as she walked past and headed to the kitchen, dropping her bag on the sofa as she went. He heard her sniff, was she crying? He didn't hesitate in following her, if she was upset he wanted to know why. She had her back to him as she ran the tap and filled a glass with water. Her head was throbbing with pain that seemed to go round to her neck and the bright kitchen lights hurt her eyes, was this a migraine? She wasn't sure as she'd never had one before. Maybe driving the people carrier back with a headache wasn't such a good idea. She drained the glass in one go and wiped under her eyes furiously, she was not going to cry. She wouldn't let herself, after all Leonie was safe, found by a British woman, a race fan who thankfully had no idea that she was holding Sebastian Vettel's child and had no idea who Chloe was. She had spotted Leonie walking on her own, not that far from where she had gone missing and had scooped the child up and started to look for her parents, ending up in another restaurant further up the street and Chloe had seen them sitting in a window seat. When Chloe had brought Leonie back to where the Mercedes was parked the tearful family reunion had been hard for her to watch, no matter how happy and relieved she had been to hand the child back. Hannah had clutched Leonie tightly to her while Seb had hugged them both, murmuring softly to them while pressing his forehead to Hannah's and rubbing his hand over her back to soothe her. Although Seb had come to her afterwards to hold her and pepper her with kisses, it had still stung to see him like that with his ex. She felt silly, her jealousy was insignificant right now. Putting the glass down she started opening and closing draws, looking for pain killers, the pain was getting worse and she stopped, holding her head in her hands. Antti had seen enough and rushed over to her, he opened a cupboard to her right above the large kitchen counter and quickly placed a packet of paracetamol in front of her before going to the sink and refilling her glass with water. "Here." He placed the glass in front of her.

"Thank you." She whispered, it hurt to even speak and silent tears were running down her cheeks from the pain. He flinched as she gagged while taking a third tablet, but thankfully she wasn't sick. He looked at her, her skin was white and she had dark circles around her eyes, she was shaking and went back to holding her head. He wondered why Seb wasn't down here with her, usually he would be glued to her side in situations such as this. As her tears fell from her cheeks onto her chest, bared by her play suit, the urge he had to hold her intensified. He hated to see her like this, thinking that Seb always seemed to make her cry, why did she stay with him?

"Tule tänne kaunis. Mitä tuo paskiainen on tehnyt sinulle?" (Come here beautiful. What did that bastard do to you?) He had no idea that Seb wasn't to blame as he pulled her into his arms, knowing full well he'd be in the shit if Seb saw him now. She moved her hands from her head as she pressed her face against his chest, wishing that this headache would at least ease off and placed her hands lightly on his shoulders. "What's happened?" He asked quietly, she lifted her head to look at him.

"I can't talk, my head hurts so bad." She whispered.

"Bad enough that you're crying?" He placed his hands on the tops of her arms and pushed her back a step to look at her. She nodded her head slowly, even doing that made her wince in pain and she went back to holding her head.

"What's going on?" Sebastian walked in, his brows raised at the sight of Antti with his hands on Chloe. "I told you if you so much as......."

"Seb don't." Chloe croaked. "Just....don't. He was just concerned. My fucking head......" She swayed and gripped on to Antti and Seb was across the floor and by her side in just a few steps.