Chapter 30- Frozen Treats and Misdeeds (Repeat)

Start from the beginning

                “Huh?” Drew’s eyes darken with my stalling before he pins me to the wall, one hand on either side of me caging me in. my heart begins to palpitate like cars zooming down a street race, my mind whirls thinking of different possible scenarios.

                “I had a bad burrito in the morning so I went to the restroom.”

                Silence.

You could hear a pin drop, where is the rest of the school population?

“All you had for breakfast was orange juice because Kohl stole your waffle. Why are you lying to me?” I forgot my boyfriend just happened to live in my house, why can’t my life just be normal?

“Why are you catching me in my lies?” I rebut. For a second Drew looks angry, but it turns to hurt and betrayal quickly and I begin to feel like the Grinch who stole Christmas. “Where’s Lucas?” I repeat.

“Breaking into the school’s security system to see where you were at. Did someone threaten you?” I kind of forgot Lucas was a tech nerd.

“No, no one threatened me. I was just talking to someone,” I reply.

“Who?”

“Seriously, I’m feeling really attacked right now.” I motion with my eyes to both of his arms keeping me hostage, but instead of backing away like I’d hoped, he leans in with a smirk. Noticing my breath hitching, he begins to kiss up and down my neck, landing beneath my earlobe. “Drew?”

“Remember what I told you when we just met and I found you hiding from me in the library?” He pulls back to look into my eyes, as if he’s searching for something. How could I forget that day, one of the many times he’s gotten all up close and personal with me. He leans into the other side of my neck, leaving me breathless with small kisses. “I told you this pulse jumps every time you lie, remember?” Hot breath hits my neck with his whispering, but he weakens my legs. As if sensing I’m about to fall, he wraps an arm around my waist, the other one moves to the back of my neck before bringing me closer, locking our lips together. And I tried, I tried not to give in, to keep my cool but somehow I always find a way to get lost in Drew Collins.

If he were a map, I’d get lost all over him, and that’s just one of many bad pick-up lines I know.

“Who were you talking to?” When he pulls back, I’m dazed and confused for a couple of seconds until I realize he’s trying to get the truth out of me. Growing a backbone, I place my hands on his chest before leaning up and kissing the side of his neck. Once his body relaxes, I push him up against the wall before clasping my hands behind his neck and kissing him softly, instinctively, he places both of his hands loosely on my hips. Just as the kiss begins to get hard and heavy, I pull away and pat his cheek before running off in the direction of my next class. This time my heart’s beating uncontrollably because I can’t believe I just did that. It felt good, I felt empowered. Now I know what Beyoncé meant when she said we run the world.

Gasping for air, I burst into my art class just as the bell rings for the end of lunch. Some students are already here and turn to look at me weirdly, I head over to my seat at the back table when my steps falter and I look towards the teacher’s desk. Instead of my loving and abusive teacher, there’s a young guy at her desk. I know that the new teacher is supposed to be Mason, Mike’s dad, and practically the source of all evil. But, the familiarity of this guy really makes my heart stop for a second. the betrayal I feel is palpable. Brown hair and green eyes, that all familiar smirk that Derek sends my way, he’s the bad guy? 

Derek is Mason? Is he even old enough to have fathered Mike?

Oh my gosh.

“Come on.” Adrian grabs my elbow and drags me to our table before I have a chance to pound my fists into Derek’s face.