Chapter Thirteen

~Akane~

As we continued to travel Jaken was rambling about show Naraku what's what when Sesshomaru stopped all of the sudden, i figured he too must of caught the scent of that boy, Jaken was telling Rin why Sesshomaru was after Naraku before the imp ran into him, Sesshomaru punched him to shut up the imp before he continued his, i followed as usual.

After a while Sesshomaru and i smelt poison "Rin stay here"he said "Yes my lord"she said before him and i went to the poison mist to kill the one causing it so we'd have a safe passage for Rin.

Sesshomaru found the centre of the poison was coming from a hut and sliced the guy causing it, i wasn't surprised to see Kagome there you'd think Inuyasha would of learned to keep a closer eye on her.

"Tell me is Inuyasha here?" Sesshomaru asked, why's he asking about him i wondered "Who are you?"the gut Sesshomaru had sliced asked not dead for some reason "I was anout to ask you that"Sesshomaru said "You tried to kill me and you don't even know me?!"the guy asked taking a bag before running out.

"You felt the pain of my poison claws yet you still are able to run?" Sesshomaru asked following him out, the guy attacked him with poison but i knew Sesshomaru was fine, this poison wasn't half as potent as his own or mine.

The guy begged for his life but it was just an act as he attacked Sesshomaru with another poison, I'll admit this one seemed more potent but Sesshomaru was still fine, he then killed the guy turning him to a pile of bones, i was surprised it shouldn't have been that easy, then again i did catch the scent of graveyard soil under all the poison.

"Kagome!"i heard, it was Inuyasha, he ran over to his friends and seeing them all near dead of course he thought Sesshomaru did it "He didn't do anything, it was that guy who reeked of poisons, you should be more careful Inuyasha, you'd think you would of learned to keep a closer eye on your friends so this wouldn't happen as often"i told him.

Inuyasha growled "Why are you here anyway?"he asked "I caught the scent of that boy Kohaku, does that mean Naraku is nearby? Inuyasha where is Naraku?"Sesshomaru asked "We haven't been able to find him either but now we have these bandits coming after us possessing jewel shards, I'm sure Naraku's close by"Inuyasha said "That's all i need to know"Sesshomaru said before walking off, i followed as usual.

~skip~

Sesshomaru disappeared all of the sudden, i wondered why and was tempted to follow but then i smelled Inuyasha, i doubted I'd add anything so i stated behind besides Sesshomaru came back not much later, Sesshomaru said he had found Kohaku upon returning and started leading the way again.

~skip~

The purity around Mount Hakurei was a literal pain as it sacred aura forbid those with evil hearts and demons from entering, Sesshomaru was dealing with it better then me but at least i wasn't as bad as Jaken since i able to keep pace with Sesshomaru, "Are you alright? Can you go on?" Sesshomaru asked glancing at me his face as stoic as ever but his eyes showed his concern "I'm alright, what about you? I know this barrier is affecting you more then you're letting on"i said.

"I'll manage but i'll be more then glad to get out of here as fast as possible"Sesshomaru said as he came to a stop, the barrier up ahead is even stronger, even Sesshomaru can't go any further but Kohaku's scent leads further into the mountains, Naraku has to be hiding here but he's as evil as evil can get so how did he get past the barrier?

Sesshomaru turned and walked back, i was more then glad to follow him further away from the sacred barrier, Sesshomaru and i got back to where we had left Rin only to find she wasn't there Jaken told us she had ran off "Where is she? Inside the barrier?"Sesshomaru asked and went to find her but Rin was already coming back "Kohaku was there wasn't he?"Sesshomaru asked.

I too could smells the boys scent lingering on Rin "The truth is Kohaku helped me escape"Rin said "Escape? From what?"i asked "There was a mass of demons further in the mountain caves, i followed Kohaku and he saved me"Rin said looking a little love struck, though i doubt she's noticed herself, give it a few more years though.

"What's that?"Sesshomaru asked surprise in his tone, frankly i was surprised too but now i had my answer to how Naraku got past the barrier, and so we went in search of the same route though the barrier kept us from going too far in, though soon enough we found a valley where the barrier was weaker Sesshomaru jumped down, i followed as usual with Rin on A-Un also following.