Chapter 9

*Mark's P.O.V*

I woke up in silky sheets and in a bed too big and extravagant to be mine. It was one of those four poster ones that had curtains draped on the side to hide you away.

For a few seconds, I was disoriented and thought I was dreaming until the events from the last time I was awake dawned on me. I am ashamed to say that I screamed like a girl for about 15 seconds until a girl carrying an axe burst in.

She was dressed in her pajamas with messy bed hair and crazed eyes as she scanned the room for the girl that was screaming until her eyes narrowed in on me. Once again, I am reluctant to say my voice somewhere rose in pitch to the point where it was practically silent for humans.

I mean come on, who wouldn't scream after being kidnapped and some random person bursting in with an axe. A sharp axe. A nasty ass axe that didn't look like it had been used for a while. Oh well, a slow torturous death it is then, not exactly what I imagined yet not the worst way to go.

"What in the name of pineapples are you doing in my brother's bed?"

I jumped a little, brought back from my mini rant by the axe girl looking at me accusingly as she casually leaned against her weapon. Her brother? Oooh vampire guy... Wait, did that @#?!#@ kidnap me? What a-

"Are you gonna answer my question or do I have to make you squeal like a pig again?" I flushed red in mortification and anger. Luckily however, I was saved by the bell.

The doorbell that is.

I didn't quite get what was happening, I think my brain may have melted a little but so I'm just gonna go with the flow. The girl heaved a heavy say before turning to march to the door with her axe being dragged noisily behind.

A few minutes later, the doors opened to reveal a pristine looking butler who bowed to me. Um, hi?

"The master of the household has requested to see you in five minutes. Please dress and call for me when you are ready."

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that the 'master' was vampy. He sure does well for himself then huh... I wonder what exactly he does to be able to live in such a swanky place. Assassin? Ninja?

" I'm ready to go now."

Distastefully, he looked me up and down before raising an eyebrow as if to say, you sure?

Bish please, I can rock this.

"Follow me."

And so began the longest walk of my entire life, wafting through the mansion sized house like an unpleasant breeze. Though I have to admit, I had never been happier to be free from someone's company, that butler dude was acting all stuck up just because I'm not dressed in a suit!

But anyways, I was dropped off at a pair of large wooden doors that seemed to be twice as tall as I am; where was I? I gently pushed forward and was immediately assaulted with the sound of a grand piano being played quite loudly and passionately. I reeled back slightly in shock when I peeked in to see that it was in fact the male vampire sitting there playing such a depressing tune.

I peeked in again curiously but it seemed he had noticed i was there as he stopped. "Why don't you come in? I have a feeling you have a lot of questions..."

For some reason I couldn't bring myself to las out at him and be angry, his whole demeanour just oozed sadness. In fact, all I wanted to do was hug him close to make him smile again

Was I drugged?

He sighed and moved graciously towards me with the elegance of a ballerina. "I apologize for the inconvenience but I needed some way to get his attention. Unfortunately for you, you were the simplest way I could do it."

"What are you talking about?" I interrupted, starting to lose my patience. First he tries to stir shit up between Elliot and me, then he kidnaps and drugs me and now he's saying it was all for attention?! Wtf?! I'm not some kind of chess piece to play with! I was slowly regaining my rage when I deflated at the sound of his sniffles. Vampy was crying?

Imagine this ladies and gents. Think of the cutest guy you have ever seen, then erase any blemishes since vampires don't have any. Now triple that image and imagine them with cute big eyes and sniffling with teary eyes. Heart attack.

I really have to find out his name though.

I couldn't resist it now, I gave in to my urges and squeezed him close. He was shorter than me so he managed to tuck his head under my chin. He mumbled something against my shirt so I pulled him back to hear what he said. "I just wanted my Dad."

*Silas's P.O.V*

I made my way merrily through the pack house towards my new bedroom - the one me and Caleb now shared together.

I had received word this morning that a certain young wolf had been snatched off our premises at night while we were asleep. The vampire had appeared again and have a funny feeling why. It seems as if he wasn't taken as a threat, but as a childish way of getting us to pay attention and it certainly grabbed my attention.

I knew by know that this most definitely was my other son, I could never forget his scent.

Suddenly, the glass window beside the bed shattered as three slim figures shattered through. I shielded my eyes from the glass, gritting my teeth as some shards sliced through my skin.

I looked up to find Mark, the female vampire and...

My son