Chapter 23 - Forever bound, Never free

Mulai dari awal

"I promise that as soon as I remember I will tell you everything." I say and he smiles looking sad and I stand up with him.

"So is this goodbye for now then?" I ask feeling tears come to my eyes and he shakes his head.

"I will follow you but I will keep my distance. As soon as you talk to Itachi and get your memories we are going home understand?" He says and I nod and get pulled into his arms.

I feel tears fall down my cheeks as I realize that anything could happen when I regain my memories.

What if I left him in the first place for a really good reason? What do I do if I don't want to go back after all?

Do I really want my memories back?

"I should go back to Hisao. The sun is coming up." I say into his chest and I look up at his amazing scarred face to see him smiling.

"I will be waiting Mala." He says and he presses his soft lips to mine making fireworks explode at his touch and I find myself pressing harder against him never wanting it to end.

He pulls away and I gasp for air and he smirks at me.

I turn around and begin to walk back toward the camp but I feel a raw feeling inside my stomach with every step I take.

 Why does it feel like when I find out about my past I won't want to go back with him? Are Hisao and I really destined to be together forever?

Something about him doesn't sit right though...

I make my way back quickly and I flop down by the fire just in time for Hisao to slowly wake up.

"Ready for today? We are finally getting your memories back." Hisao says with a smile and I smile and nod feeling dreadful.

We pack up quickly and begin walking once again and within a few short hours of silence we reach the hideout but I start to feel uneasy and my memories go fuzzy again.

"Hisao where are we?" I ask him and he looks at me with worry.

"Do not worry dear someone here will make you remember." He says and I nod and follow not really understanding.

All I remember is Hisao and... A mysterious white haired man.

We enter the halls and not even a few feet in two kunai fly at our feet and I stare up in surprise to see a man that looks like a shark but also human...

"How dare you show your face in here. Especially after what you have done to her!" He screams at Hisao and he draws his sword.

As if by instinct I pull out the katana on my back and I stand in front of Hisao protecting him and the fish man glares at me.

"So he has really got you under his spell then." He says growling and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I say feeling ready to kill him if needed.

"Kisame that is enough. She doesn't remember who we are right now." A deep mans voice speaks and I put my sword away instantly feeling comfortable for some reason.

The man comes into view and I stare at his black cloack with red clouds, long ponytailed black hair, and strange black line across his face feeling safe and like he and I have a long past together.

 "Mala do you know who I am?" He asks me and the sound of his voice gives me a warm feeling so I smile.

"I know that I know who you are but I can't remember." I say feeling slightly mesmerised and he smiles softly and he takes a few steps toward me.